Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 2 CK   *  >   >>  

* request to all step 1 graduates
  dolly123 - 11/17/06 07:44

i am going to begin step 1 prep n earnest after thanksgiving, and hope to spend this week in figuring out what i need to do and collect in terms of study material and resources
So please if any of you in the forum have been through the process, please pleeeeeease post me your expeiences and rcommendations...i shal be very grateful
thanks much...dolly

Report Abuse

* Re:request to all step 1 graduates
  archie11 - 11/17/06 07:55

well dolly ....to begin with kaplan videos they are updated ....kaplan books .qbank start after first reading.....i had not taken nbme but i took kaplan simulated online test which i a close proximate of real score....patho is big so is pharma in and out now in staep one you got to know in details microscopic ,pathophysiology mechanism of action of drugs and side effects...anat neuro is big ....ct/mri ...look at pic from first aid for micro good and immuno...kaplan books .first aid is good for last review ...recommmended!

i hope this helps i think u shud just relax now and party sweetie...

Report Abuse

nida - 11/17/06 08:21

Know Step1 FA like the back of your hand.  
Report Abuse

sith - 11/17/06 08:23

start with kaplan...then do medessentials....loads of questions....kaplan q bank and UW...and ull be great!  
Report Abuse

sankar - 11/17/06 21:07

DOLLY123
DON'T MISS FIRST AID FOR STEP-1
IT'S ONE OF THE BEST SOURCES FOR STEP-1.....KEEP IT IN MIND :-))))))))))

Report Abuse

masterdoc - 11/17/06 22:04

all i know and according to my research after listening to tens of experiences i belive the ecfmg has couple of formats for step1 and for step 2 since we dont know what forma we will get we cant leave out anything my exam was based on immu micro and path 80 percent rest 20 percent now u can imagine 3 qs on physio ..few anatomy and molecular// but there are other formats which are based on moleculae biochem pharm..all i would say know your pharm biochem microm immuno and patho cold rest make concepts and im sure u will ace it....dolly one q how were the ethics q in your exam and what q were the longest and what made them somlong what do u do in the long qs what strategy is the best ...best of luck  
Report Abuse

malak - 11/17/06 23:37

do goljan audio + his notes too  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome