Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 2 CS   *  >   >>  

* dear ben
  mona - 12/08/06 04:48

hi
r u done with cs.would u plz. recommend to study wat from which book. if i want to pick one , which one would b a a safer choice
thanks

Report Abuse

* Re:dear ben
  clindamycin - 12/08/06 05:32

USMLE WORLD

if time then do First Aid

Report Abuse

ben - 12/08/06 11:37

Hi Mona
My Recc are
- UW (go thru all cases)
-Kaplan CS Book as refernce (they have good way of writing & learning impt points if P/E
- Know Neumonics for Hx
- make yourelf your own format of neumonics inregards to waht question to ask that is pertinenet for each case. Use this same format every time.
- Get a study Partner for feedback and timing (tha's a must it will be the biggest help)

*When it comes time for the exam. While standing in fornt of door and reading the case Hx take 1-2 min to think about you DiffDx so that it will easy to refer to incase you run out of question or forget. Also alway rite down your Neumonics, Pt name & Complaint before entering room so you wont get stuck and it will go smoothly)
Also before starting Physical Exam make sure that you make a transition from one to another and at the end summarize quickly what the Pt told you then ask is there anything else I should know that you feel is impt.)

All this info is given in UW & Kaplan. GL
jUST REMMEBER THAT ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A FORMAT FOR YOURSELF IT WILL GO SMOOTLHY NO MATTER WAHT CASE YOU COME ACROSS. Also be ready b/c every Pt will ask you a question at the end of the interview. And Pls be humble and show compassion, but confident, very impt

Report Abuse

mona - 12/08/06 18:45

thanks ben & clindamycin
how is FA . everybody here is recommending it
thnaks again

Report Abuse

xwxf - 12/08/06 19:34

Ben:
thanks for sharing your experience about CEI part of the test. Could you also give us some suggestions on preparing CSI?
Thanks

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome