Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 2 CS   *  >   >>  

* fatal mistakes(DO NOT DO THIS IN YOUR TEST)
  faith2007 - 12/08/06 22:19

1)WRITING THINGS OR INFORMATIONS IN PN THAT YOU DID NOT REALLY OBTAINED FROM THE PE JUST TO FILL YOUR SPACES OR TO MAKE IT PERFECT.

Report Abuse

* Re:fatal mistakes(DO NOT DO THIS IN YOUR TEST)
  vin77 - 12/09/06 00:27

why so?  
Report Abuse

wasp - 12/09/06 09:16

why do you say that,do they fail you if you do that?  
Report Abuse

faith2007 - 12/09/06 10:13

sure  
Report Abuse

ben - 12/09/06 19:43

agree w/ faith. Never put something that you did not examine.

If you have a set format for your P?e writing there is not much you have to worry about while writing it as most Pts everything will be normla except what you find during exam.

For example a CVS exam writing would incl
1. No Scars/Pigmentations noted
2. Reg Rhythm Rate (i.e RRR)
3. Normal S1/S2
4. No Murmurs Rubs or Gallops........

So if you stick to one format for each system you will be wriitng almost always the same thing except for what you find duirng the exam. My Hx always looked the same which made it much easier to write. So make yourself a format (Kaplan CS Book gives nice examples) , stick to it & practise it and you will be going thru cases w/ flying colors

Report Abuse

faith2007 - 12/09/06 19:55

right...but if you did not do heart exam and you are not sure tha SP will put a mark in your chick list in (heart exam)...do not put it in your pn.
WHEN YOU BECOME A DR,PN IS VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE NAD IT CONSIDERED AS A LEGAL DOCUMENT ,WITH YOUR SIGNATURE AND YOUR SUPERVISORS SIGNATURE.....DO NOT THINK ,YOU JUST WRITE AND FILLING SPACES,,,BE RESPONSIBLE.GL

Report Abuse

faith2007 - 12/09/06 20:14

IT IS A TEST OF CLINICAL SKILLS....ONE OF YOUR SKILLS WHICH IS THE BASIC SKILL IN ANY CAREER IS TO BE RESPONSIBLE.I CAN SAY IT IS ONE OF THE GOALS OF THIS TEST.IT IS NOT A TEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDG....THEY JUDGE YOU VERY HARD IF YOU SAID YOU DID(IN PN)WHILE YOU WERE DID NOT (IN DG CHECK LIST)...
...MR HOPKINS ..I WOULD LIKE TO LISTEN TO YOUR CHEST...CAN YOU ,PLEASE GIVE ME ADEEP BREATH...PUT YOUR STETHOSCOPE TWO POINTS....GOOD..YOUR BREATHING IS NORMAL...CAN YOU PLEASE ,BREATH REGULARLY,I WANNA LISTEN TO YOUR HEART...TWO POINTS TOO...OK...YOU HEART SOUNDS ARE NORMAL...
this is if the case is abdominal pain,for example.
if the case is cardiopulmonary..GO AND DO A COMPREHENSIVE EXAM ,I MEAN AUSCULT,PALP.,PERCUS, ...OTHER THAN THAT ...JUST DO THE 4 PINTS OF AUCULTATION,,,AND EXPLINATION SO YOU WILL BE SURE ABOUT THE CHICK LIST PART...
IT IS NOT MORE THAN 30 SECONDS...WHEN YOU WRITE PN...WRITE AS ben EXAMPLE..YOU ALL SET..
GL

Report Abuse

chcentaur - 12/09/06 22:22

absoloutly right.  
Report Abuse

gurinder - 12/10/06 04:36

faith, i agree with you but i did this mistake in 2 or 3 cases.i wrote only a few physical finding which i never performed.do you think i shall fail. i want to ask everybody who passed this exam, whether a little bit of fake additions in the PN do make you to fail this exam.does anyone who made this fatal mistake passed.i am talking about only a very few physical finding like pallor, thyromegaly.etc  
Report Abuse

iurie - 12/10/06 19:42

well i heard people writing these things w/o asking and they passed.

Report Abuse

chcentaur - 12/10/06 23:33

for example if you do neurologic exam and forget to perform 1-2 manouvers, but write it in your PN, most probably it's ok, but if you totally forget to listen to lungs and then write something about the wheezing in your PN, it would be problematic.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 2     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome