Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* How bad is it to reply to a rejection
  badshaah - 11/01/06 11:04

I got this rej which states the requirements for their program and i clearly meet those requirements. Should i reply back to the PD and ask him to review my application again or is it of no use now and they are not going to go back anf look at the application again. The rej was from Bronx Leb.  
Report Abuse

* Re:How bad is it to reply to a rejection
  desi_doctor - 11/01/06 11:06

no harm in trying. try it.. you lose nothing with that prg.  
Report Abuse

desi_doctor - 11/01/06 11:06

shows ur genuine interest  
Report Abuse

calivirus - 11/01/06 11:07

plus u have nothing to lose!!  
Report Abuse

badshaah - 11/01/06 11:28

OK replied back to the prog...what more do i have to loose, they have already rej me...hoping that they will atleast see the message.  
Report Abuse

desi_doctor - 11/01/06 11:29

you rock badshaah  
Report Abuse

saurav_sphs - 11/01/06 11:48

Good idea-many programs are selecting candidates for IVs while not informing better candidates(atleast by creds) abt their status.....and even worse , are often rejecting them!!!!  
Report Abuse

badshaah - 11/01/06 11:59

got a reply back from them now saying that they cannot interview all the candidates meeting their "liberal criteria". I guess once a rej is always a rej.
But one good thing came out of this...the process is not over yet and the programs are still reviewing applications and looking at the messages (though may or may not reply). Anyway...atleast i tried and had this closure with the program othwerwise i would just keep on wondering. GL to all.

Report Abuse

saurav_sphs - 11/01/06 12:02

Dont worry badshaah-u will definitely get few more IVs in the coming week or 2!!!!!  
Report Abuse

brainlegs - 09/16/07 09:37

badshaah you did the right thing... what are these stupid pd's thinking anyways... if you met the criteria.. that was you met it... they are the ones with a leberal judgement.. they should start showing some more respect... I mean.. if the passing standard is 75.. that should be it... if being in the 70's was a no man's zone... then they should make the cut off point to 85 or 90 if they want.. I'm sooo pissed at this whole damn process  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome