Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* no inetrviews yet...what to do...
  nevergiveupdreams - 11/01/06 14:05

friends..last year I applied with step1 and 2 score.and diint get matched...so i utilized this year by taking cs and step3.,usce and got 4 uslor in obgyn......and I have applied to 60 obgyn programs and have not recieved even a single call....and i dont know what to do coz...I just cant afford to sit another year at home....as my graduation year is really running far...now what..more can i do to fetch an interview...plzz suggest..coz time is running fast and options r so few...I thought I 'll GET IV IN NOVEMBER..BUT THOSE HOPES HAVE FADED NOW....................................................................................  
Report Abuse

* Re:no inetrviews yet...what to do...
  haidon - 11/01/06 14:09

apply FP,IM Psych or peds as soon as u can,(at least 2 of these specialties)  
Report Abuse

nevergiveupdreams - 11/01/06 14:49

thanks haidon.....but my entire cv shows obgyn expeirnce..and how can i now suddenly express..fp,im..or psych/...  
Report Abuse

edr - 11/01/06 17:00

Waiting to see what you will get in the next 2 wks.

Report Abuse

aphrodite - 11/01/06 17:02

even if your entire life shows obgyn....you can still go for speciality change...........you should just write a convincing PS . my cv is filled up with obgyn,but i got IM calls too. Think about it :) GL!  
Report Abuse

yx1 - 11/01/06 17:06

yes, i agree with aphrodite. my cv is all ped, but i got im calls too. for your strong oby background, at least fp fit.  
Report Abuse

aanya - 11/01/06 17:18

I know of a person who was a surgeon in his home country and now he has applied to Int Med and FP and getting interviews from both. So try FP not IM, you can also say that since you have have back ground of OBGYN it will help you in your FP practice and also you would like to do a fellowship in something like Women's Health after that.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome