Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Visa Q at Interview
  aphrodite - 11/03/06 11:11

Do they broach this topic during the interview? how do you let them know your preference, though you are open to both J1 and H1?

Thanks for all suggestions.

Report Abuse

* Re:Visa Q at Interview
  aphrodite - 11/03/06 11:50

Nobody has a suggestion?  
Report Abuse

drusamle - 11/03/06 12:06

if u match or if they decide to give a prematch then they will ak which paperwork to start  
Report Abuse

mission_possible - 11/03/06 13:02

If you have very specific questions about the Visa process at the program - It's ok to clarify with the PD.

If you know the program offers both H1 and J1, you don't have to bring the topic up. When you match/pre-match you will know your options.

If the PD/interviewers ask your preference, then let them know truthfully.

If you know a program has an order of preference for the type of visa (J1 over H1 or vice-versa), it is ok to let the PD know your preference.

Report Abuse

aphrodite - 11/03/06 13:03

thank you drusamle & MP  
Report Abuse

pakipower - 11/03/06 13:42

My strategy was simple ,

if the hospital offers H ----> i am interested to work and practice in U.S (although i would like to go back after fellowship). This has been quoted by one of the associate PD herself that we would like those candidates who wants to stay and serve the population here in U.S, the reason why we offer H.

if the hospital offers j ---> simply the truth, i would like to go back after fellowship.

the reason why alot of IMGs looking for an H visa is that they can go frequently to there country and meet their families , which is not possible on J. This is one of more reason one can give if asked specifically that Why u need H ?

Good luck

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome