Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

*  obgyn....What does this mean--int/hold/rej.
  usmlestep3new - 11/05/06 11:00

Thank you for your interest in XYZ! We are delighted you are considering
our residency program and the GREAT City of XYZ. Your application has
been received and considered very competitive.

We are currently in the process of finalizing our interview dates. These will
be available within the week.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

We are looking forward to meeting you.

I have recieved this mail in 4th wk of Sept but I am still waiting for there reply, I called them many times but --no reply yet.

Report Abuse

* Re: obgyn....What does this mean--int/hold/rej.
  usmlestep3new - 11/05/06 12:12

anyone please???  
Report Abuse

pt - 11/05/06 12:49

I think this is an invitation. I had a similas email , and I called and scheduled for my interview date.  
Report Abuse

usmlestep3new - 11/05/06 12:59

Thank you for your input, I am still trying to get hold of them. Lets see what happens....  
Report Abuse

dr_nuri - 11/05/06 19:54

hey pt.... which program is this...thanxs  
Report Abuse

leptin - 11/05/06 23:05

I don't want to disappoint you, but I received something similar, then a follow up saying that I was "on hold" and finally the rejection..This was MY experince, I hope yours will be better!!!
GL!

Report Abuse

usmlestep3new - 11/06/06 02:34

I asked from coordinator if this is a rejection? she said no till further information. I am just praying that some thing I should get. I got 3 rej from OBGYN on friday. Whole weekend was stressful. I just feel that I am worth for nothing these days, very much in stress, hope i will not go into depression. I feel that I am not a good student, not good doc, not good wife, never be able to become mom in my life..... just not good for any thing.

I just want to leave everything & I want to go back to my country, stay in a small village, do some work so that i get a shelter, cloth, food for 2 times.

Is it worth of taking so much of pain at the age of 28. after all bythe end of the day we all just want 6 feet bed & a meal

Report Abuse

shifu - 11/06/06 08:44

Hey usmlestep123,

Never loose hope.People are in worst situation then yours.If you stop believing in yourself how will the programs believe in you.Life is not all about obg,though I am myself extremely passionate about this field but still open to the idea of taking up any field that shows up for me.Myself passing through extremely difficult phase of life but no complaints because i have faith i shall overcome with God's help.Keep your chins high.Depression is a sign of weakness dont even think about it.Be positive yaar!!!!!! 28 yrs is blooming youth think about people in 40's in this rat race??????????

Report Abuse

ajay12 - 11/06/06 09:28

hi all obgs
i also received same messege and finally rejection infact pd mailed me initially to invite for iv and told to schedule an appointment by mailing to pc and then pc mailed me that we r in process of reevaluating our spots and u r on hold and finally pd send me rejection
how sad is this that u get a falso hope and finally they take it back

Report Abuse

ajay12 - 11/06/06 09:33

hey can u all pls share no. of iv and no. of applications pls atleast we will get the general idea , pls write, only no.
mine is 37/2

Report Abuse

livelife - 11/06/06 10:04

hi usmlestep3,

I know it is a trying time for all of us. one is going to have this spells of depressing thoughts.
I am sure u will feel better the next day. The thought that u think u are not a good wife , good doc Etc itself means that atleast u are trying to be............which is most Imp. I am sure u will do well. but just keep a positive attitude which will help u get half your work done.
keep up the spirit sweety.

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome