Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* Kaplan harder > UW ? What do you feel?
  smoke - 01/01/09 20:41

I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were on the difficulty of questions of Kaplan Qbank versus UW. I finished UW and got a 75% total percentage but feel like Kaplan is a little more difficult.

What do you think?

Report Abuse

* Re:Kaplan harder > UW ? What do you feel?
  aluckyslheart - 01/01/09 20:52

Smoke Happy new year to u.

If u have finished UW with 75% total with unused questions, timed mode, all subjects at a time then --------------
Why you want to do Kaplan?
Go and give the test in 30 days.
U will get 99 percentile.
U r brilliant.

Its not easy with above selection to score 75 % in UW.

Report Abuse

smoke - 01/01/09 21:01

Happy New Year to u 2 aluckyslheart!

Maybe I am over-reacting a little. It's just thought I was always told that UW was way harder than Qbank. And, it just doesn't seem so. I got a 236 on NBME 6 about a month and a half ago and a 242 on UW SA1 a week ago. So, I really don't understand why I am getting mid-60s on Kaplan Qbank. I just started it and am supposed to be done with it within the next two weeks and have my test on the 28th. It's just that I am getting a bad feeling about this test now. I kind of wish that I did Qbank prior to World.

Anyways, thanks for the compliment and response. I hope you have a successful and prosperous New Years!

Report Abuse

aluckyslheart - 01/01/09 21:06

May be because UW puts u in some kinda stream of questions.
I score well when i do uw tests on consecutive days.
i think the stream of questions is same so u guess the answers in UW.
Which can be deceiving according to me.
But 75 % with time mode and all questions selected is way good.
i occasionally cross 70 in tests. hence i said that.

Report Abuse

smoke - 01/01/09 21:41

Yeah, I feel like UW does put you in a zone and maybe I just got a little too comfortable with their style of question writing. You're absolutely right about the deception. When I started World for the first couple of weeks, I averaged in the 60's - but halfway through it - I found it extremely beneficial to mark notes in the first aid and study str8 out of the first aid. It hiked my scores up big time. The questions on world where only 11% got right - I didn't worry about those cuz the ppl that prob got that answer were guessing. So, don't sweat it - just do what you do - and I'm sure you'll meet your goal for the test.

Thanks for the advice and such a prompt response! Best of luck!

Report Abuse

bilal1 - 01/01/09 22:02

hi to both of you i am doing uw too up till now igot 58 % in it in tutor mode and i have doneonly 33% of uworld what do you think where i am standing .  
Report Abuse

bilal1 - 01/01/09 22:05

and i have also one more qqq that i have taken q bank with both forms1 2 so i have to do it with in 2 month period or i can do it after 2 month too  
Report Abuse

smoke - 01/01/09 22:08

A.S.A. Bilal - In regards to where you're standing - I first need to know what is your goal/expectation on this exam and when you are scheduled to sit for the exam. Also, I didn't understand your second question - You have taken qbank? Are you talking about NBME 1 & 2?  
Report Abuse

bilal1 - 01/01/09 22:49

Wallakum Assalam, my 2 qqq was about uw self assesment form which i have also taken on line prescribe . its like a package deal so i have to do u world q bank and forms in 2 month time period or i can do uw self assesment form after 2 month too . my goal is to pass the exam with good score b/c i am old graduate. and i want to give exam in feb . jzk  
Report Abuse

aumnaya - 01/01/09 22:51

bila how olod r u ? i'm older than everybody  
Report Abuse

bilal1 - 01/02/09 00:57

you graduate in which year  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 2     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome