Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* help.... failed step 2 ck
  dr.farfoor - 04/28/09 04:09

i am an img got 86 on my step one 1st attempt , and i recieved my step 2ck score with failed 74/183 i am realy depressed and want to know the impact of this failure on my chances , how much are my chances reduced ? , many people told me that failing was better than to get low score is that true ?
i heard about many people who failed cs and still get matched in great places and also i have been told that failing cs is much worse than failing step one or to ck.
please any one can help me with experience in that issue , just tell me what to do , i will prepare so hard for retaking the exam but i want to know how much getting 90s can improve the sitiuation .

Report Abuse

* Re:help.... failed step 2 ck
  us2009 - 04/28/09 06:11

Failing in step 1 or 2 is worse than failing in step2cs and secondly when you are retaking step2 try to get more than 95 to improve ur chances...gud luck.  
Report Abuse

smivc - 04/28/09 07:17

just organise ur study plan and focus on the exam.......kaplan study material is a good starting point ,and then solve q's( usmle world is really good in my opinion) ,take NBME ( 2 of the tests if u have the time if not atleast one) , get ur confidence level high and go for it! u have the knowledge already , just relax and apply it well.......u can do it! all the best!!!!! cheers  
Report Abuse

weezer - 04/28/09 11:27

Sorry to say this but you have it all backwards.
1)- Is much better to pass with a low score in the first attempt than a second attempt
2)- CS is the less important exam, in fact most of the programs look for no attempts in the step 1 and step 2 ck, only a few mention no attempts in CS. (although failing the cs matters it doesn't matter as much as the step 1 or ck...a pd told me that because i failed the cs once)

I'm not trying to be mean but your chances are much much lower now, if you decide to go to the 2010 match I would advise you to study hard an score +95 in step 2 ck, score +95 in step 3 and get some USCE with strong US LORs or contacts.

Good luck

Report Abuse

praises - 04/29/09 00:37

I failed in my first attempt of Step 2CK. I studied so hard and I got a 99 in my second attempt. I did observership in IM and I got matched in IM this year. So it really all depends on you. Focus first in passing the Step 2 CK exam and if possible, try to get a very good score.  
Report Abuse

confused2010 - 10/17/10 23:49

I am an IMG. I took step 1 failed on first attempt :( then retook it barely passed but passed. i took ck and failed (A BIG SHOCK I THOUGHT I WAS PREPARED)
I wanted to MATCH 2011 but now i have not submitted any applications as I am certain no one will want me....
I do not know what to do.. but everyone tells me score a 99.. I DONT KNOW HOW TO... can someone help me with respect to how to prepare... i am soo soo soo lost....

I heard about premier review is it any good? I NEED SOME HELP.....

Will i even match one day?

Report Abuse

emdoc - 10/17/10 23:53

stick to usmleworld and kaplan notes. do uw 2-3 times and understand concepts. you will match...just keep trying

Report Abuse

moofmonster - 10/17/10 23:57

http://media.omfgif.com/gif/Uselessjunk-com_R_Kelly_WTF_gif.gif  
Report Abuse

emc2 - 10/02/11 16:47

SPAM ALERT!!
the only thing guaranteed with this dubious 14K course is failure and a boat load of your $$ skimmed from you.
Beware! Just focus on your studies/IV/Match the old fashioned way = YOURSELF!
SCAM ALERT!! the advertiser has no website, real phone number or email!!!!!

Report Abuse

* just kidding
  emc2_ - 10/02/11 19:34

Just kidding- you shoudl go ahead and try the $14k course now as it is discounted  
Report Abuse

* to emc2- If there is NO Company Then what about th
  bestcoursechoice - 10/02/11 20:36

to emc2- If there is NO Company Then what about this?:

YOU POSTED THIS BELOW - CAN BE VERIFIED THROUGH google:
so you worked for a 'gang of thieves' last year perpetuated by renu_usmle etc? But you are now stating above that no company ever existed- NOT EVEN THE ONE THAT IS TOP RANKED BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU?

(THIS PROVES that emc2 - YOU ARE A SICK, SCHIZOPHRENIC MAN/WOMAN THAT NEEDS SERIOUS 5 HT1-A receptor MODIFICATION WITH CLOZAPINE AS CHLOPROMAZINE WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT SUFFICIENT TO NORMALIZE YOUR DA2 receptor hyperactivity) :

----------------------------------------------------------------

help.... failed step 2 ck
emc2 - 10/02/11 16:47

SPAM ALERT!!
the only thing guaranteed with this dubious 14K course is failure and a boat load of your $$ skimmed from you.
Beware! Just focus on your studies/IV/Match the old fashioned way = YOURSELF!
SCAM ALERT!! the advertiser has no website, real phone number or email!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

emc2 - 09/27/11 01:04

yes v true!
i was part of the fraud/scam program that promises the world but only ends up stealing your $11K. More details of this fradulent program can be found here :
http://www.usmleforum.com/files/forum/2011/4/616633.php
mainly perpetuated by Renu_usmle@yahoo.com, finallypassedandgotr and smita_patle, stepsusmleforum, (sometimes all talking to each other too).
But i am out of this gang of thieves and so warning you all..... BEWARE!!!
Report Abuse

* Re:emc2 is a fraud
emc2 - 09/27/11 23:17

Yes i was part of this fraud. We fooled many people into believing our lies and succeeded in cheating lots.
i have seen the light and so now WARNING ALL.... becareful of this scam.... i am a whistle blower!
We used to operate out of some body's garage and use free webmails like yahoo etc to conduct our business. (eg Renu_usmle@yahoo.com )
i am sorry for all that we cheated... but the cheating continues by the people still there : Renu_usmle@yahoo.com, finallypassedandgotr and smita_patle, stepsusmleforum so please be aware!!

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 2     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome