Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 3   *  >   >>  

* help needed!!!!!!!!!Error opening fred v2 software
  roop234 - 02/24/09 19:37

Iam unable to open it after it is downloaded. It keeps on showing please wait... on the screen for a very long time but no result???? Can anyone help me!!!!!!!!  
Report Abuse

* Re:help needed!!!!!!!!!Error opening fred v2 softw
  pms02 - 04/06/09 18:52

did u find out how to open it, I am also having same problem as you have. It is showing please wait.  
Report Abuse

ibn_sina - 04/06/09 20:56

same here

Report Abuse

peanuteh99 - 05/30/09 02:47

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I was experiencing the same problem. I am running Vista and was using Internet Explorer 8. Every time I tried to run the practice material it gave me an Internet Explorer Scripting Error regarding an Invalid Argument, and then it would only show "Please wait..." I tried deleting the temporary files associated with Java as indicated by the USMLE FAQs page, but it didn't help. Not sure if it has something to do with my IE 8 settings, but I reverted back to IE 7 and it works just fine now. These instructions are for Classic Start Menu and control panel in classic view. To revert back to IE 7, click Start > Settings > Control Panel. Select Programs and Features. Click on "View Installed Updates" in the upper left. Scroll down to the "Microsoft Windows (1)" bold title and uninstall "Windows Internet Explorer 8." It will prompt you to close other programs and restart your computer. Once rebooted, try running the practice material again, and it should work. Hope this helps and good luck on boards everyone!  
Report Abuse

peanuteh99 - 05/30/09 03:28

Sorry forgot to add an important detail. Once you revert back to IE 7, you'll probably have to install the latest Adobe Flash Player in order to view and listen to the media component of the Practice Materials. To check if you need the latest Flash Player, just open up Internet Explorer, go to Google and search "adobe flash player test" and click on the first link. If you're missing the latest Adobe Flash player, the test site will give you the option to install Adobe Flash Player 10. Once properly installed, you can go to the Adobe Flash Player test website again and it should say "Installation Complete" under both Adobe Shockwave Player and Adobe Flash Player. Try running the NBME Test Delivery System and the audio and media should work.  
Report Abuse

zibil - 05/30/09 04:35

thank you very much peanuteh99

I was experiencing exactly the same problem but unistall the exp8 and it worked.

Report Abuse

microbial - 08/24/09 19:31

THANK YOU!!!

This was driving me nuts...

To make matters worse the USMLE site states that Fred v2 is now compatible with IE 8. Well it's not in my Universe...

Why they can't switch to Firefox is beyond me. Rant over.

Good luck everyone...

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome