Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* How many questions can one miss on step1?
  adiimg76 - 02/16/11 23:54

How many questions can one miss and still pass step1?

Does any know if there's a way to calculate how many questions one can miss (total or per block) on the step 1 exam to still pass?

and how may questions one can miss to get a 90?

I know that there are websites (clincalreview.com&etc) where one can calculate a rough score but if some one can tell me the range of right vs wrong, I would really appreciate.

I am really stressed as I have been practicing a lot and still getting only 50-57% score in USMLE world. I am really sick of studying and would like to give the step 1 asap. My recent nbme 3 score was 400.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Report Abuse

* Re:How many questions can one miss on step1?
  comebackhero - 02/17/11 01:04

don't worry, just focus you r on the right path.  
Report Abuse

adiimg76 - 02/17/11 10:59

Thank you. I would appreciate if any one else can shed light on my misery.  
Report Abuse

mint148 - 02/17/11 14:23

well i am not really sure..but i have made a rough calculation...in each block u need to get 30- 33 questions right to pass..which is like getting 16 questions wrong and still get a pass..if u get 35 questions right in like most of the blocks..u will cross 90 for sure..  
Report Abuse

lovetest - 02/17/11 14:29

are you seriously going to sit on your test, and count how many Qs you are going to miss? You have limited time to answer the Q, and I would really recommend not to waste your precious time on thinking that you can miss this Q, and try to give your best to answer it.
Best of luck to you,
L.

Report Abuse

txmak - 02/17/11 14:45

you are planning to take this crucial exam with a negative approach which im sorry to say isnt the right one. As mint suggessted you want to get about 65% of ur qs right to pass. (33 qs per block average) to get a 90 you want to get at least 75% right. since its a percentile and not percentage, the exact number varies depending on the performance of other candidates answering the same questions but what you want to do is go through the block and quickly answer all the questions you think you know for sure and skip any that are taking too long for you to do. try to leave 10-15 minutes at end to go through again and if you still have problem make an educated guess and fill out all questions since there is no negative marking. do not leave any blank. best of luck.  
Report Abuse

adiimg76 - 02/17/11 14:56

Sorry for my desperate mail. I agree with all of you. Its just one of those days when you are low and need some answers. I need to have a positive frame of mine. I will keep your suggestions in mind. Thank you and best of luck to all.  
Report Abuse

archanavashisht - 02/18/11 02:20

hi ,i tuk my step 1 exam on 28th jan 2011.well im preety sure tht to get 99 percentile one shd be above 238 score so dude thr r total 322 questions so if u calculate it cums out tht per bloc u can leave or attempt wrong minimum 12 questions.fr pasing u need 188 score so calcilate urself 322-188=134 n thn divide by 7 cos thr r 7 blocs in xam so u can attempt wrong maximum 19 questons.bt dont go fr max wrong question .stay positive attempt all as no negative marking .all the best dude.  
Report Abuse

adiimg76 - 02/18/11 11:46

This is helpful. Thank you. All the best to you.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome