Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Classifieds   *  >   >>  

* Transferring into a different medical school? Help
  doctor150 - 06/10/11 13:50

Hey,
I would appreciate it if anyone could help me or give their input about what I should do?
I am in the final year of medical school and I am unable to pass my Step 2 boards after 3 attempts and my existing medical school won't graduate me until I've passed Step 2 boards.

My goal is to transfer into a Foreign Medical School and graduate without having a requirement to pass any boards. My grades are great and I've completed Step 1 boards.

I have no intentions to practice medicine or do a residency. I want to pursue an MBA and go into a non-clinical career. I would like to get the MD Degree, since I've spent so many years working towards my degree. I would hate to see all those years go to waste.

I just want the piece of paper granting me a degree and I am willing to pay any fees or do any extra course work required.

Report Abuse

* Re:Transferring into a different medical school? H
  thuc - 06/10/11 19:22

how many more clinical rotations do you have left to do?
if there's a lot left then there's financial motive for another school to accept you.

Report Abuse

doctor150 - 06/11/11 12:58

Dear Thuc,
Do you know of any Foreign Medical Schools in any country in the world that would accept me as a transfer student. Could you give me some name of foreign medical schools to try???

Report Abuse

thuc - 06/11/11 15:23

again, if you have any clinical rotations left to do then i think a foreign medical school would accept you because you will be giving them money for an education. if you do not have any education left to do then there is no reason for them to accept you.

for a list of foreign medical schools you could go to ValueMD

Report Abuse

geraldine.brag - 03/09/21 08:13

thanks, it helps, but I have problems preparing papers for admission, what should I do ??  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions (Kaptest.com)

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome