Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* Urgent NBME 13 oncology
  chuha - 03/04/12 09:29

An investigator is studying the human immune response to tumour cell antigen in malignancies.Which of the following sets will produce highest antibody titre?

CANCER TYPE TUMOUR ANTIGEN

A B cell lymphoma CD 19

b. bREAST ca hER 2 / neu

C. Cervical Ca human papilloma virus 16 E6 protein

D. Melanoma Tyrosinase

F. Prostate Ca PAP

A is wrong

Report Abuse

* Re:Urgent NBME 13 oncology
  dreddy - 03/04/12 09:38

F?? not sure....  
Report Abuse

negril - 03/04/12 11:42

i think F too, i was wrong for choosing A  
Report Abuse

chuha - 03/05/12 00:49

I think B

http://cytometry.cn/uploadfile/200678172644684.pdf

Report Abuse

vera16 - 03/15/12 17:47

ans. C. cervical cancer – HPV 16 E6 protein.

- The E6 protein of cancer-associated human papillomavirus type 16 binds to p53 and promotes its degradation through the ubiquitin–proteasome pathway.
- A mutant E6 gene that failed to reduce p53 could not delay cell death.
- Recall that P53 is a tumor suppressor gene. So when a tumor suppressor gene is out of wack. So the bodies start making antibodies.

Report Abuse

postponeit - 03/15/12 17:58

In order to determine risk factors for death from coronary artery disease(CAD), persons aged 30 years older are studied in a community. Every 2 yearrs for a total of 10 years, blood pressure,serum cholesterol concentration, and smoking status are assessed along with deaths from CAD. Persons artery disease, Which of the following describes this of study.
A) Case-control study (wrong)
B) Case series study
C) Cross-sectional study
D) Ecologic study
E) Observational cohort study
F) Randomized clinical trial

A 70 year old woman comes to the physician because of several episodes of burning pain with urination during the past year, Physical examination shows uterine prolapsed. Urinalysis shows a mild increase in leukocytes. Ultrasonography of the abdomen shows bilateral dilation of the renal collecting system. The patient is at great risk for which of the following?
A) Cervical Carcinoma (wrong)
B) Pyelonephritis
C) Renal cell carcinoma
D) Ureterolithiasis
E) Urothelial Carcinoma

A 35 year old man comes to the physician because of a chronic cough for 5 months. He says “I worry I may have lung cancer like my dad” He has smocked 2 packs of cigarettes daily for 15 years. Physical examination and an x-ray of the chest show no abnormalities. After the physician informs the patient of the findings, which of the following response is most appropriate to encourage this patient to quit smoking?

A)Have you ever considered changing to chewing tobacco?
B) Have you ever thought about quitting smoking?
C) I’d like to refer you to a hypnotist to help you quit smoking
D) I’ll prescribe some nicotine patches for you. That will help you cut down on your smoking. (wrong )
E) Try changing to low nicotine cigarettes for a while. That will decrease your chances of getting lung cancer
F) You must stop smoking immediately, or you will most likely get lung cancer someday like your father
An investigator is studying B2-adrenoreceptors in female experimental animals. During this experiment, epinephrine is injected intramuscularly into each animal, and the effects of B2-adrenocrepectors are then observed. Which of the following physiologic effects is most likely to be observed in these animals?
A) Increased myocardial contractility
B) Internal urethral sphincter contraction
C) Lipolysis (wrong)
D) Pilomotor contraction
E) Pupillary dilation
F) Uterine relaxation

A 19-year-old woman comes to the physician because of increasingly severe pain in the right hip during the past month. She has a 4-year history of refractory inflammatory bowel disease with arthritis in the hands treated with corticosterioids for the past 2 years. An x-ray of the pelvis shows collapse of the superior half of the right femoral head with preservation of the articular cartilage. The left hip appears normal. Which of the following is the most likely cause the hip abnormality?
A)Ankylosing spondylitis (wrong)
B) Aseptic necrosis
C) Gouty arthritis
D) Multiple myeloma
E) Septic arthritis

Report Abuse

drconfabulation - 03/20/12 11:58

1- Not Sure, picked the same answer and got it wrong...But I'm thinking B....
2 - Pyelonephritis - Several episodes of UTI + Mild increase in Leukocytes
3 - Have you ever thought about quitting to smoke - This is what I picked, and I got it correct
4 - Uterine Relaxation - Beta 2-receptors + FEMALE experimental animals
5 - Aseptic Necrosis - Kinda went with the fact that there was no Inflammation.... But I got this one right too, but sorry about not having a better explanation.

STILL NEED THE ANSWER TO NUMBER 1 = PLEASE HELP!!!!

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome