Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* NBME-15 questions set #2-6
  ppkyaw - 03/24/13 14:59

1) A 45-year-old man comes to the physician for a follow-up examination 2 weeks after beginning treatment with hydrochlorothiazide for hypertension. he says that he feels faint, light-headed, and dizzy when he gets out of bed and when he rises from a seated position too quickly. His pulse is 75/min, respirations are 12/min, and blood pressure is 130/85 mmHg while supine. Physical examination shows no abnormalities. Which of the following sets of changes best characterizes changes in the cardiovascular system as this man goes from the supine to the standing position?

Venous Return Carotid Sinus Baroreceptor Activity Cerebral Blood flow
A) Increase Increase Increase
B) I I Decrease
C) I D I
D) I D D
E) D I I
F) D I D
G) D D I
H) D D D

---------------
2) A 3-year-old girl is brought to the physician because of intermittent abdominal pain, constipation, and irritability for 1 month. She lives with her family in a 50-year-old house that is currently being renovated. Physical examination shows pallor. Laboratory studies show a normocytic, hpyochromic anemia and an increased plasma concentration of 5-aminolevulinic acid (deta-ALA). Her blood lead concentration is 50 micro g/ dL (N

Report Abuse

* Re:NBME-15 questions set #2-6
  samyusmle - 03/24/13 15:04

HH  
Report Abuse

ppkyaw - 03/24/13 15:27

2)3year old girl is brought to physician because of intermittent abdominal pain,constipation and irritability for 1month.She lives with her family in a50 year old house which is currently being renovated .Physical examination shows pallor.laboratory studies show normalcyti,hypo chromic anemia and plasma concentration of5-aminolevulinic acid(delta-ALA).Her blood lead concentration is 50 microg/dl(N=  
Report Abuse

ppkyaw - 03/24/13 15:27

No 1) explain please  
Report Abuse

ppkyaw - 03/24/13 15:39

2)3year old girl is brought to physician because of intermittent abdominal pain,constipation and irritability for 1month.She lives with her family in a50 year old house which is currently being renovated .Physical examination shows pallor.laboratory studies show normalcyti,hypo chromic anemia and plasma concentration of5-aminolevulinic acid(delta-ALA).Her blood lead concentration is 50 microg/dl(N=less than 10). A decreased activity of which of the following enzymes is most likely in this patient?
A.ferrochelatase
B.porphobilinogen deaminase
C.protoporphyrinogen IX oxidase
D.uroporphyrinogen III
E.uroporphyrinogen decarboxylase

Report Abuse

dreddy - 03/24/13 16:06

Ferrochelatase---lead poisoning  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]