Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* Is MHA or MPH in US a good option for IMGs??
  hk1923 - 10/19/13 06:06

hey evry1.

M MBBS from India. wish to pursue MHA or MPH in US. Is it a good option?? Wot is the standard of MHAs or MPHs there. Ive failed step1.
Your suggestions will be much appreciated.
This forum has helped alot of aspirants...hope it does me too.

Thanks

Report Abuse

* Re:Is MHA or MPH in US a good option for IMGs??
  hk1923 - 10/20/13 13:18

atleast sm1 reply plz...ive been waitn so long  
Report Abuse

usmlerelief - 10/20/13 23:40

Do MBA instead of MHA and MPH.
MHA is useless. I know someone who did it and couldn't even get a decent $10 per hour job after it!!

MPH is okay...I have seen people make 70K with it.

But MBA is the Bomb...You can get top jobs and can even earn seven figures down the road in the long run.

At least this is what I think. But these days there is problem getting jobs. Even many mbas are not able to get jobs. Plus MBA should be from top college only.

If you dont want to do step 1 again may be you can do Physician assistant course or nursing or research.

Report Abuse

usmlerelief - 10/20/13 23:42

another great option is PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH!! They have starting salary of 50K itself!!  
Report Abuse

hk1923 - 10/21/13 13:11

cmon friend physian assistant or nursing?? i mean thats lame.
research is ok. MPH is best i think like if i wish to enter into usmle again in long run.
thanks mate for inputs.

Report Abuse

usmlerelief - 10/21/13 17:33

I think you better give usmle again only ...because you seem to have an ego about physician assistant and nursing!!!...Please remind yourself that this is USA ...Here Physician assistants and nurses also earn $100000 and are well respected. But if thats not your taste then ofcourse go back and give step 1 and get into RESIDENCY. Nothing is better than residency. What Physician assisant and nursing can provide you is patient interaction at your job like a doctor which I hope you find fulfilling (otherwise you shouldn't be in this profession!)

Research is also good but research is different kind of work. Like working in a lab for hours and working on mice and digging research articles to write your thesis...etc If you want to do that do it. MPH will not guarantee you a job at the end. It is okay however if you want to do it. Anyway I simply put all the other options in front of you. Pick whatever you like and whatever makes sense to you. If you find them "lame" then go back and study for usmle again and get into residency. It is possible. Good Luck.

---just trying to help.

Report Abuse

hk1923 - 11/15/13 02:59

@usmlerelief

M from India. Its not an ego its a fact. y wud i stdy so hard if i was to go 4 nursing nd physian assistant. if its so good n respctabl y dsnt evry1 try this?? u shud also go for it then. u talk money i can make that mch money with MBBS only in India and have a quality status of a Doctor. Nd u talk abt profession, what a stupid reason u gave there. if it wsnt the case i wudnt hv taken usmle.

i stl say these things & the way uve put them in front of me is "lame" and not taking usmle again is "lame"

we dont jst come to US for money. its r status too that v hv to improve. nd u call it ego????
this isnt "trying to help" , instead this also is "lame"

Report Abuse

usmle12321 - 11/15/13 03:00

why did u fail step 1?  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome