Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Missouri restricted license without residency
  mdoid - 05/09/15 17:08

Has anyone heard about this, someone told me if you work in Missouri under a doctor for a certain number of years you can get a restricted license after that provided you stay in the same rural area, after some time you can get a full license without doing a residency, mostly for family medicine, that's what i heard, I don't know if the legislation was passed or not, any body knows any recent updates?  
Report Abuse

* Re:Missouri restricted license without residency
  akim11 - 05/10/15 00:08

yea so the legislation was passed and signed by the governor last year in july. you can just google it but the stipulation is that you have to first be approved by the state board of healing arts and then be supervised by a physician for 30 days. after which you can be no further than 50 miles away from you supervising/collaborating physician. they then have to monitor your notes.

all in all you'd be doing what a physician assistant would be doing. you will be supervised and will practice under their medical license like a physician assistant. the downside is also that you will be living in rural missouri which i'm not sure if you've been but it really blows. if you didn't match try again cause the stipulations on working under those conditions are just not worth it to me if you want to be a true physician and be treated like one.

Report Abuse

mdoid - 05/10/15 02:14

awesome thanks, i wonder if telehealth with a Missouri licensed physician counts that will be something  
Report Abuse

drbacchi - 05/10/15 03:24

I dont think you ever get unrestricted license or board certification through this pathway, correct me if I'm wrong.  
Report Abuse

ryanhope - 05/10/15 08:28

It's a dead-end. Only good for temp until at least a match occurs with proper residency training. For which positions are tight because of "congress".  
Report Abuse

akim11 - 05/10/15 11:09

yes you will never get an unrestricted license or be board certified in anyway. to get both of those things you have to get into a residency program and complete it.

Report Abuse

mdoid - 05/10/15 15:48

they are still working on the draft, but they are going to present it for the second time this May, even if it gets approved it will take 6-10 months before it becomes effective so a dead end for now.

http://pr.mo.gov/healingarts.asp

Report Abuse

ndndr - 05/29/15 21:20

Any updates of on the bill they submitted on may ?  
Report Abuse

mdoid - 06/01/15 13:33

Its gonna take them at least an year before they legit the whole thing, so nope find another option  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome