Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* Q@Q Drill time ③
  cardio69 - 01/09/17 19:20

A 22 y/o F present to your because concern for not reaching menstrual period in her 22 yrs life. On PE you place your hand midway abdomen between the umbilicus & symphysis pubis while you trying to elevate the cervix & uterus with your pelvic hand you hand on abdominal in & down you notice nothing to grasp on. Assessment of sexual maturity you notice absent pubic & axillary hair and small breasts. Future evolution include a Karyotype 46, XY. Surgical resection of gonadal structures reveal seminiferous tubules with present norm/ http://www.ouhsc.edu/histology/Glass%20slides/104_03.jpg Loss of function mut in coding sequence for androgen R found. Which of the following sets of lab findings/serum match your pat prior to surgery?

---LH---TESTOSTERONE
a)-High------Low
b)-High------High
c)-Low-------High
d)-Low-------Low
e)-Norm-----Norm
_______________________________________72sec___________________________________

Report Abuse

* Re:Q@Q Drill time ③
  cardio69 - 01/09/17 19:25

Time's UP>  
Report Abuse

corpulmonale - 01/09/17 19:26

D  
Report Abuse

cardio69 - 01/09/17 19:30

@cor, your pick characteristic of a defect what?  
Report Abuse

corpulmonale - 01/09/17 19:36

17 alfa hydroxylase def?  
Report Abuse

corpulmonale - 01/09/17 19:37

I'm confused with this question. Plz explain  
Report Abuse

cardio69 - 01/09/17 19:54

Base on your ans here http://www.usmleforum.com/files/forum/2017/1/836111.php tell me that form of hypogonadism that is due to a problem with?  
Report Abuse

cardio69 - 01/09/17 19:57

I need to get back to work now, I need u to ans last/above drill here when u get chance, Later.  
Report Abuse

acestep11 - 01/09/17 20:06

B? Androgen insensitivity $  
Report Abuse

corpulmonale - 01/09/17 20:10

@cardio- that's hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - kallman syndrome. Main problem in GnRH . Dec GnRH > decrease LH FSH > Dec testosterone  
Report Abuse

cardio69 - 01/10/17 14:37

@core
SO, that would be hypothalamus OR pituitary gland problem.
*B* would be right ans.

We got pat here “Complete AIS” that gender of F with genitalia appearance of and on PE-> clear pic of absent of uterus & 2nray sexual hair sparse -> Absent. On pat like it u can find gonads in abdominal or inguinal> Note Vagina can be short but here I told you pat “Loss of function mutation in coding sequence for androgen R/AR found” & also preach that DNA analysis tell you pat MALE “karyotype identified as 46, XY.
Now, you should know in infant/& newborn the Lab dx is bit difficult. (But pat here 22 y/o) so, u know LH basal levels may be LOW & TESTOSTERONE ONLY ↑ after tickling with exogenous HCG.
After puberty (we assume as case here) if gonadectomy has not been done-> Serum TESTOSTERONE conc -> HIGH norm to slightly elevation range for POSTpubertal bodys
Estradiol levels are in upper norm in MALE
- That been said if our pat lack or response to testosterone during the fetal period -> FEMALE external genitalia
- What happen to breast? Aromatization of testosterone -> breast dev
- R in hypothalamic & pituitary also defective & norm suppression of pituitary gonadotropin ( LH ) NOT there
- HIGH HL -> ↑testosterone production by norm slide/leyding that I embedded in stem

The End.

a) Post pubertal
b) No gonadectomy
c) No gonadectomy/but u check on pat
d) Pre pubertal

72sec for those online.

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 2     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com