Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* My Experiience and results
  mapezela - 10/11/17 16:48

I read a lot on this forum,but I hardly post or write comments.I really wish I can write a lot,but I'm just going to brief and straight to the point.
Materials: MTB,UWORLD Q BANK AND CRUSH STEP 3 CCS
DAY ONE(SEPTEMBER 14TH):I felt like the questions were manageable but very tricky.I finished day one feeling somewhat satisfied,but the results profile showed otherwise.Questions were not really that long as some people suggested.Everything that is in the content outline is tested.Know your biostats,step 1 stuff.I mean just be thorough and you'll be fine.
DAY TWO(SEPTEMBER 20TH):Felt like the questions were longer than day one and and the difficulty level was stepped up a little bit I guess.If you're a resident or in clinical practice,you'll walk through it with ease I guess,lol. Again just be thorough with the content outline and you'll be fine.The performance profile showed that I did better on day 2 compared to day one, much to my surprise though.
CCS:The performance profile showed that I did well on CCS.I guess if you play with the primum CCS software and get to know it inside out,it's gonna pan out ok. CRUSH step 3 CCS is a pretty good source of CCS info. UWORLD CCS is equally good.I screwed up let's say 3 CCS though.
I did not take NBME since I was cash strapped.I took UWSA after the exam though.
On September 27,seven days after the exam,I decided to finally take UWSA.I did this because I heard mixed responses from people i.e.it overestimates, underestimates etc.Anyway, I scored 188 on UWSA and it scared the crap out of me.Well I didn't give up and kept praying with my fingers crossed.Thank God I received the results today, which read
PASSED,209.
It's not the best but I'm grateful because my faith tells me in all things you have to give thanks to GOD.
To those who are still preparing,just fight the good fight and at the end of the day,you'll reap what you sow.
THANKS.

Report Abuse

* Re:My Experiience and results
  cardio69 - 10/11/17 16:53

Congrats! for ending your journey on steps.
& thanks for sharing your experience with others.
Cheers/ to party.

Report Abuse

ebo - 10/12/17 01:04

Congratulations on ending your journey.
Thank you for the motivation and sharing the experience

Report Abuse

virgo32 - 10/12/17 09:39

congratulations :) do you think step 3 is the most difficult of all steps and one should not take if not in clinical practice?  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome