Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 2 CK   *  >   >>  

* Step 2 CK prep-To be done in the next 2-3 months!
  saisri99 - 06/12/17 14:59

Hi friends,

I am planning to finish my CK in the next 2 months, 3 months max. I am sure everybody is in a different boat, both in personal life and career. Your plan may be to apply for residency or ECFMG certification or just get done with this test and move on for bigger things in life. We are all balancing different challenges in life and this happens to one of those bigger challenges which needs to be finished asap at least to be accountable to yourself by giving your best for this test. Please post any motivational updates/posts and let's help each other through these updates.

God bless you all!

Peace.

Report Abuse

* Re:Step 2 CK prep-To be done in the next 2-3 month
  saisri99 - 06/18/17 00:09

@docc2016,

I can feel you my friend! It's no easy task, I would suggest, try to finish 2 blocks early in the morning like a marathon (literally, don't do explanations). And save the explanations for the rest of the day, whenever it works out for you(afternoon or evening). While doing the explanations, first start with why your mistake/chosen answer is the wrong one?, read that explanation first, so you can right off the bat where you got it wrong in the first place, then move on to the correct answer/explanation.
For the rest of the choices explanations, just browse through them, unless they are really important concepts or concepts that you think are new to you/need to write down.
I hope this helps, sorry for the delay in reply. I have been working on my schedule as well and I do understand this is a challenging task, but this is not impossible. I see this as an opportunity/exciting project to take up this summer. (Of course, try to take those little breaks to get your splash on for the summer :)

Please feel free to comment/share your opinion.

Thanks!

Report Abuse

saisri99 - 06/18/17 14:37

Good morning,

Finished 2 blocks of Rheumatology for the day. Gonna go through explanations for the rest of the day.

Happy Sunday!

Report Abuse

docc2016 - 06/18/17 23:57

Thanks a lot for the reply saisri99 :) that sounds like a doable idea. I will try it out and see how it goes. It is indeed a huuuuge project.. I have never had a problem doing the questions.. Its just the explanation part that drives me nuts. Anyway i will stay in touch... And hope your schedule goes good too !  
Report Abuse

saisri99 - 06/19/17 20:38

Hey friends,

Finished 2 blocks for the day and halfway through the explanations!

Report Abuse

saisri99 - 06/20/17 14:19

Finished Rheumatology, started Dermatology, doing parallel questions in med and ped.

Happy studying!

Report Abuse

saisri99 - 06/21/17 13:16

@gurveer8754, @usmlemlg, @docc2016,

How's it going guys?

Report Abuse

saisri99 - 06/21/17 16:37

Quick tip for the day, try to google anything that you cannot imagine while reading a case. Looking at images online will fix certain facts into the brain.

Happy studying!

Report Abuse

usmlemlg - 06/21/17 22:07

Hi saisri99,

I was little off from my schedule, but Iam trying to make it.

Started infectious disease.

Thanks

Report Abuse

docc2016 - 06/22/17 12:00

Hey saisri99

Been going at the questions better. Not at the pace I want but much better i am hoping. I dont know if i can make it on time so get tensed on and off. The idea to use images is a good one. In fact i wish the whole Uworld thing could have been an audio thing interspersed with few selected images. I can only wish right :)

Report Abuse

saisri99 - 06/22/17 12:25

@usmlemlg, that's great you started infectious diseases. I finished infectious diseases in medicine many days ago, doing infectious disease questions in peds now. I wish I did infectious diseases in medicine and pediatrics in parallel, if you know what i mean. I feel it's more productive. You may try this if you think it's a good idea.

@docc2016, we can plan a lot of things my friend, but we will end up doing only that much which our mind and body permit us to do in a 24 hour period. It's okay, we all feel those bumps in the road, but it's more important to keep it going and not stop at the bump. Observe what your pace is, and stick to that minimum at least per day, and slowly increase after you reach a steady pace. Don't overwhelm yourself. For me personally, I was doing one block per day max before, now I am able to do 2 blocks/day. Also, taking care of your diet (timely), good sleep (7-8 hours/night), and exercise (gym or run 3 times/week). You will realize this will train your brain and increase your mental and physical stamina :)
Yes I feel you, I am an audio person as well, I like to hear lectures and tend to remember better with listening. But, try to see this usmle world as a temporary tool, once you finish the questions, you will feel a lot better with the knowledge you gain.
And more importantly, remember, one day at a time.

Report Abuse

[<< First]     [< Prev]     Page 2 of 12     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome