Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 2 CS   *  >   >>  

* step 2 CS failure,what to do next??
  usmleimg2017 - 08/18/17 16:00

Failed step 2 CS.what are the things to overcome this red flag.I had heard about involvement in research activities could help.what are the chances for residency next year.please help.  
Report Abuse

* Re:step 2 CS failure,what to do next??
  r0ja - 08/19/17 17:01

what caused you to fail.. what did your results say?  
Report Abuse

usmleimg2017 - 08/20/17 00:51

i failed in ICE
and I don't have any research or publications.My scores are in 210s. Is there any hope for me ??

Report Abuse

mimcrydr - 08/21/17 10:44

TWO STAGES OF CS STUDY
PREPARATORY PHASE: In this phase, you have just set out to prepare for the Step 2 CS exam. You are on the look out for the right study materials, what it takes to pass the CS exam, any insights into how a typical CS encounter is done (good rapport, mannerisms, must do and donts to pass the CIS component), how to write a good patient note (that gets you to pass ICE component) and how to accomplish all this in a time effective manner (tips and tricks). The Preparatory phase products help you with all that you need to pass step 2 CS the first time in one place! These tools don�t just give you study materials for CS to put it together on your own like other courses but rather TEACH YOU HOW TO DO IT and stay ORGANIZED throughout with 15 min encounter with lectures and demos. More tips at Target USMLE.
ASSESSMENT PHASE: First thing is to KNOW what you need to do in a 15 min encounter and how to put that in 10 min onto a patient note. That is easily accomplished by following our step by step program : 7 Easy Steps 2 CS and using the tools given under Preparatory phase. Second question is whether YOU are able to do it in the time frame allotted under a stressful environment . This is the Assessment Phase . You can try out one case at a time which is good to know your flaws in that specific case or perhaps in the general format of your case presentation. Ultimately you want to equip yourself to do multiple cases in a row because that adds a new dimension to the stress/fatigue and quick thinking skills when you do one case after the other. Check out our assessment tools below. Any questions email us at Target USMLE

Report Abuse

r0ja - 08/21/17 17:58

did you know the basic mneumonics to ask? shoot me a email.. rsuri910@gmail.com  
Report Abuse

masterminds - 08/23/17 12:53

it will be treated as fail if you fail in one single subcomponets. there will be three separate subcomponents ICE, CIS, and SEP. For ICE scoring for this subcomponent consists of a checklist completed by the standardized patients for the physical examination  
Report Abuse

drbrenda - 08/23/17 17:18

dont give up, always believe in yourself  
Report Abuse

parmesh495 - 08/24/17 10:21

sorry to hear about the step, retake the step never give-up... prepare well  
Report Abuse

reza21 - 10/11/17 08:21

dont give up i have friend that got residency second attempt  
Report Abuse

blessedlady - 10/11/17 22:52

I would recommend you take a good CS review course. I took Goldusmlereview Class IN Houston and PASS. This review course adequately prepare you for the CS exam and it include Mock exams with feedback from the standardized patient at the end of each encounter. Let me know if you have questions.  
Report Abuse

reza21 - 10/12/17 04:23

read over minicases type 15 notes each day  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome