Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* YOG cut off when you have done residency out of US
  etumiel - 05/14/18 08:09

I have a doubt regarding the year of graduation cut off when you have alredy done residency in home country.
I am psychiatrist and I want to apply for residency in US 7 years after YOG. Do I have any chance to get psych? have green card, I am preparing to umsle, have some publications and done woht residency program in my home country, do not have OBs in US yet

Thanks a lot for any advices.

Report Abuse

* Re:YOG cut off when you have done residency out of
  indu12345 - 05/14/18 14:53

Hi. Programs can set graduation cut offs in their computers when they review ERAS applications. Some programs have 3 year cut offs, some 5 or 10 years. This information is available in their website.

They will not see your application if it is filtered out by the cut offs. However, there is a way out of it. If you know someone, a resident or a faculty member, ask them to give your AAMC ID (you will get this when you register for ERAS) to the program coordinator or the program director. Most of the time they will give considerations to old grads who were clinically active prior to application especially if it is the same field. It will look good because it will show that you really are dedicated to Psychiatry.

The observerships will help you get LoRs from US doctors. This will not be considered as a clinical experience though.

Report Abuse

* Re:YOG cut off when you have done residency out of
  kavya@4a1 - 05/18/18 10:44

You will be having chances dont give up. Some programs will be having the graduation cut-off but there may be other programs which may have graduation cut-off and some may not have the graduation cut-off. Try to look for them and apply.

You need to hve high scores in all the steps and gain continuous hands-on clinical experience in the speciatly you want to apply for match. Your home residency will be helpful for the application and make the CV strong.

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome