Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Chances of residency
  aamirnoureen - 07/10/18 13:47

I have completed my MEDICAL school in 2006, did my usmle step1, step2ck and step2cs in 2007-08, with score of 86 in step1 and 83 in step2, I worked as research associate in for around 5 months, couldn't match and then I was working in Gulf for sometime, I did my plan exam in 2015 and presently I am in training program in Emergency medicine as ST3 in UK, I just want to know can I apply for residency now and what are the chances  
Report Abuse

* Re:Chances of residency
  shivansh - 07/12/18 10:47

Have you been ECFMG certified.

You may have chance to get matched.
Also as you are an old graduate you need to get continuous hands-on clinical experience in US itself and gain strong LORs in the specialty you want to apply for the match. Try to get connections which help during the IV process.

Report Abuse

* Re:Chances of residency
  nataa - 07/18/18 14:17

There are still chances. You must not give up. You must enroll in an externship program to acquire LoRs. You can also gain valuable connections that can lead to interviews. I gained 3 months USCE with medclerkships. All were ACGME accrediited hospital programs. You can send in a free application and speak with one of the physicians, good luck dear. medclerkships.com/apply/  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome