Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Re:Wondering if I should apply for the coming matc
  natcruze - 08/07/18 21:30

I am a 2009 graduate ( India) scores 206/226/cs Second attempt/212. EAD holder. I did 1 year MD Microbiology in India but left halfway after marriage and to pursue usmle dreams.U.S experience volunteer research fellow for 2 years with 3 first author publications in a community hospital. Observership in ICU 3 months, LORS from US chiefs but old (2016). I have applied thrice to many programs (IM,peads,family medicine.)I have got only one interview in the program i worked as research fellow for two consecutive years but did not match. At present i have 2 kids,full time mom. I am really confused if I should apply for the coming match.(Husbands money).. Please give me honest advice.  
Report Abuse

* Re:Re:Wondering if I should apply for the coming m
  natcruze - 08/08/18 06:44

can someone please reply.  
Report Abuse

smartpc - 08/08/18 15:31

From a Coordinator - Your year of graduation will be 10 years for the 2019 Match, which is double the normal consideration limit. Your scores are also below the cutoff of most programs. You asked for an honest answer - Even with your research work, 10 years post graduation is too long out of clinical work. and observerships do not count for much from a program standpoint. You application will not be viewed by most programs, as filters are always used. It may sound harsh, but it's honest. Best of luck in whatever you pursue!  
Report Abuse

natcruze - 08/08/18 18:09

Thank you for your reply. I had made my mind not to apply this year and waste money but somehow I wasnt sure if I am doing the correct thing. I have applied MPH in Epidemiology rutgers. It is going to cost lot of money. I will be happy to settle ina 9-5 job. I will have to wait to see if I get accepted Can anyone shed some light on possible opportunities for old graduates like me.Thanks again for your honest reply.  
Report Abuse

reactant - 08/08/18 18:47

For a job become a research coordinator or Clinical Research Associate.  
Report Abuse

natcruze - 08/09/18 06:24

Thanks for your reply.  
Report Abuse

khanomer61 - 08/10/18 13:42

Look for physician assistant or nurse practitioner instead of mph. MPH will not worth if didnt get residency. If you have research experience check out for Master in clinical research. You will explore you career in research field.  
Report Abuse

kavya@4a1 - 08/11/18 12:15

As you are an old grad, it will be tough to get into the residency. If you have dream to pursue and you want to apply for the residency then apply for it.
You need to have lots of hands-on rotations and need to have connections which can help in getting IVs.

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome