Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* How is Jackson Park hospital FM externship?
  peace1010 - 08/10/18 00:54

I'm an old graduate IMG who doesn't have any USCE and planning to go to the US

next year for USCE and considering externship in Jackson Park hospital FM programe in Chicago.

I have little information on the program so I'm hoping if anyone could share their experience.

Will I get a strong LOR when I participate actively during roundings and make presentations well on the patients

there?

It'll be a lot of help if you give me any comments.

Thanks in advance.

Report Abuse

* Re:How is Jackson Park hospital FM externship?
  khanomer61 - 08/10/18 13:24

Hey  
Report Abuse

the100 - 08/10/18 13:35

Better not to waist money their, i did my externship and felt like i am doing Internal medicine observership rather than family medicine externship. You just do round with the physician and that its. No teaching no discussion nothing. Plenty of student with average of 2 patient per student. Most of the patient are from nursing home just admitted to make some revenue for hospital. To note though they have FM residency program you will hardly in touch with residents or program directors. Round are nothing like any other hospital, you go in morning around 9, open a new patient chart and wait for rounds which can happen anytime between 9to7pm.
As far as lor is concerned you will get a casual lor. Not a strong one. The only physician for FM is Dr rajiv kandala. Google him. He will ask you to write a good review on google before signing the lor. All the best.

Report Abuse

peace1010 - 08/10/18 20:56

Thank you for your advice! :)  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome