Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* no date to schedule??????
  gf1 - 10/10/18 13:06

Hi, got an IV . As soon as I received, I went to schedule for an interview and there was no date available. All I was able to do was waitlist which means no gaurentee of interview call. AM super tensed and feeling depressed...and feel like am the most unluckiest one. Has anyone been through this situation???
PC says that they cannot schedule I have to keep looking....
since yesterday, I havebeen crying I dont know if it is going to stop....

Report Abuse

* Re:no date to schedule??????
  dreamerdr - 10/10/18 14:03

sorry about what happened wt the IV. but you should contact the program and explain. sometimes they add more dates to accommodate you. They already sent you an interview they must want to meet you. and also dates may open up. hang in there. That's what we need to be good at now.  
Report Abuse

residencymatters1 - 10/10/18 14:23

gf1,
I understand that you are feeling sad. It's getting crazier with the schedules. I know that you went on to schedule right away after you received the invitation. But sometimes, the program sends out interviews out to candidates in batches so lot of others may have received the same invitation asking them either to download a scheduling app or go to a website to look for available dates. Someone most likely beat you to it.

Even though PC said that you have to keep looking but just waiting is excruciating!! I would send an email to the program and express your thanks for receiving the interview and show your interest that you would absolutely love to come in for an interview and would be open to any last minute cancellations. Depending on how far is the program, you may say that you would be available on a short notice.

You may give them a call after you send an email and they may entertain your request.

If you keep proper amount of contact, the program coordinator will remember you being the candidate on top of their list when anything opens up.

I've seen this happen to candidates in the past and with luck and few of the ways I mentioned above, they were able to get an interview eventually.

Hope you get your interview rescheduled.

Good luck and hope you match this season!

Best,
Jim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Residency Interview Preparation for IMGs
Claim your free session today at http://www.residencymatters.com

Report Abuse

gf1 - 10/10/18 14:31

Thank you so much dreamerdr and residencymatters1. I havebeen communicating with PC through email, as she said that they dont schedule and aksed me to do so...I dont think calling the same person would really matter. I dont know if I should talk to the program director...or email her???  
Report Abuse

residencymatters1 - 10/10/18 14:45

gf1,
If they are using a software and letting the candidates schedule the interview times and dates, then you would need to rely on the software. If that's the case for you, you may want to keep a close tab on the software for any available time slots.

I don't think emailing PD is warranted at this point. If the scheduling is all done online by the candidates without any involvement from PC or the program, then calling them wouldn't matter much.

Emailing is good enough for now.

Just a suggestion, if you get another interview invite, try to be as quick as possible in scheduling the interview. Each program has their way of scheduling the interviews, some ask you to call them for dates and times, others give you the time and date, some use online scheduling and so on.

It helps to have a template email ready to go out acknowledging the interview invite, thanking PC for interview invitation and confirming the date and time (of course you will fill in the date and time based on your situation).

Hope that helps!

Best,
Jim

Report Abuse

gf1 - 10/10/18 15:12

Scheduling is through eras.  
Report Abuse

residencymatters1 - 10/10/18 15:39

Oh I see, you are referring to the relatively new feature within ERAS, more details here:

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fastly.net/production/media/filer_public/36/36/...heduler.pdf

Best,
Jim

Report Abuse

parmesh495 - 10/11/18 13:02

You may be able get dates soon, you need to look everyday some people may cancel their dates which may be available to schedule.  
Report Abuse

smartpc - 10/12/18 09:39

From a Program Coordinator - I am quite shocked a program would send out more invites than open interview slots. I am always careful to not send more invites than slots I have available at the time. Any "waitlist" would be for applicants who a program may consider interviewing if an opening becomes available due to cancellation. If nothing becomes available soon, I would contact the coordinator again. Good luck!  
Report Abuse

gf1 - 10/14/18 14:30

Thank you so much everyone. At least I am hoping they would call me.....  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome