Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 3   *  >   >>  

* UW mcqs score % is low, your inputs needed.
  aquadrpp - 12/06/18 00:03

I am doing UW mcqs (first round) and scoring between 55-60 % most of the times, is this ok or I am doing really bad.?? Is this the usual trend.?
Exam is in February and I am still at mcqs only, not started CCS yet.
Please advise.

Report Abuse

* Re:UW mcqs score % is low, your inputs needed.
  aquadrpp - 12/06/18 10:13

650 views and no reply :(  
Report Abuse

wendy2 - 12/06/18 12:19

I was in the same boat for long time. Then I printed all the questions that I did wrong or was confused, put these questions into different categories according to the system. Review them with the book. This helps me. Good Luck!  
Report Abuse

aquadrpp - 12/06/18 13:24

@wendy2
Thanks for the advice

On an average what should be the percentage of correct answers in these mcqs.?

And how did you prepare for CCS.?

Are you done with step 3?

Report Abuse

wendy2 - 12/06/18 14:15

Just got score yesterday. My average was reaching 80% before exam. I used UW CCS, crash CCS book and half of the Map. The best way for preparing CCS is to know each disease management in the MTB book. If you know all of them, it should be fine.  
Report Abuse

aquadrpp - 12/06/18 18:19

Thanks wendy2..!
Hopefully I can improve on my preparation by exam time..!

Report Abuse

claritycardinal - 12/08/18 00:03

Thank you Wendy2. I am in the same boat, can you please explain more how do you put the questions into different categories and which book did you used?  
Report Abuse

wendy2 - 12/09/18 22:19

I only used MTB3. Regarding the UW questions, I put all these questions into different folders based on the system. For example, in cardiovascular system, there are several MI questions and very confusing. Reviewing these MI questions together with the MTB 3 book are very helpful.

I didn't get the high score. I didn't have time to review FA and MTB2 as well as CK Qbank. One and half months ago, I did UWSA form 2 but failed. Then I redo UW questions and printed all these confusing questions. No more SIM or NBME before the exam due to lack of time.

Between Day 1 and Day 2, I read CRASH CCS book once. But I don't know how helpful of this book. Maybe Map is more helpful which I finished half long long time ago. I also finished half of the "Step 3 CCS Case Simulation Prep" long time ago.

I have "Biostatistics subject review till Mar 19, 2019"; "STEP3 self-assessment form 1"; "Step 3 CCS Case Simulation Prep" left. Please contact with me if anyone is interested. Thanks.

If there is any questions, please send message. I will be happy to answer if I can.

This is a very difficult exam. For me, this is the third attempts. Please don't give up!!!

Good luck!

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome