Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Chances of making it for a very old IMG
  hobo - 06/05/19 11:45

Hello All,

I am an IMG, passing year 2003. After my residency and short period of clinical research in my home country, I came to US with F1-visa. I did a PhD in Pathology with 3 lead author publications in high impact peer reviewed journals. I now work in a well-reputed Biotech company as a senior scientist, making a decent salary, married with kids. There is not one fleeting day in my life, I don't think about my days in medical school, and career in medicine. I would like to go back. I passed USMLE step 1 and 2 more than 7 years ago, so the scores are no longer valid. At the time I didn't have green card, I was finishing up PhD, region bound from family and young children. I want to go back, take the tests again. Is it worth the effort? I am based in California, which I hear is not the best place for IMGs. Please advise, and share your experiences. Any candid feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Report Abuse

* Re:Chances of making it for a very old IMG
  hobo - 06/05/19 12:17

Forgot to mention that my interest has always been Pathology and I would like to do a residency in Pathology.  
Report Abuse

santhosh - 06/06/19 13:57

Have you completed both the USMLE steps 1 and 2 exam within the 7 year period? because if you have completed bother the steps in 7 years and get ECFMG certified then there is no need to take step exams again.  
Report Abuse

kavya@4a1 - 06/15/19 13:19

The chances may be tough but it is possible, by getting high scoes and completing all steps in first attempt. Also, getting multiple hands-on clinical experience in the same specialty you want to apply for match. Also, try to have connections it can be useful for your application.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome