Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Matching for an old grad
  kingkong5 - 01/05/20 18:18

Hi guys

I am an old grad from 2005. Currently working as a technologist in CT imaging. Want to know what are my chances to match in United States after such a huge gap? What things are needed to match for old grads? Or should I give up and enjoy whatever I have in my life? Completed all Canadian exams, got 228 on ck last month, step 2cs due in March. Step1 in October and step 3 April 2021. I am going for both countries. I am a Canadian citizen. Please guide.

Report Abuse

* Re:Matching for an old grad
  kavya@4a1 - 01/07/20 14:13

Even if you are an old grad, you can still match. If you have high scores in all the steps along with Step 3 exam you will be having chances for matching. But along with scores you need to have multiple hands-on rotations for being clinically active as you are an old grad and to have strong LORs in the application.

Also, you need to have connections which can help in gaining IVs for the match.

Report Abuse

aalya - 01/13/20 22:34

What is IVs?  
Report Abuse

kavya@4a1 - 01/17/20 13:13

IV means interview for residency match. After submitting the application to the programs, programs will be sending invites for interivew and programs go through the process for IVs and then rank the programs in which they have interviewed for matching.  
Report Abuse

santhosh - 01/18/20 14:07

old grad can also match but you need to have high scores in all the steps including Step 3 exam and complete them in first attempt. But along with scores you need to have multiple hands-on rotations for having strong experience and to have strong LORs in the application.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome