Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Psych Residency : USCE and LOR
  usmleak - 02/06/20 06:57

Hi. Iím aiming to get into psych residency and Im not sure about what USCE to get.
If I go for an elective for 2 months, would it be better to get into 1 month of psych and 1 month of internal , or 2 months psych.

I hope someone who knows about psych residency programs answers this. Thanks.

Report Abuse

* Re:Psych Residency : USCE and LOR
  kavya@4a1 - 02/07/20 13:41

If you are applying to Psychiatry specialty gaining the USCE experience in the same specialty will be helpful for the application instead of gaining the rotations in different specialties. You need to have LORs in the same specialties.

Also, if you are applying for different specialties in match then gaining clinical experience in different specialties will be helpful.

Report Abuse

indianpsych - 02/10/20 11:06

Check this www.westlakebrainhealth.com. My friend did an observership and said it was helpful  
Report Abuse

santhosh - 02/11/20 13:51

Gaining the rotations from same specialty will make the application better for the match process, because you will be getting the experience in the same specialty and it is important to the LORs in the same specialties.

If you want to get multiple month of elective rotations then you can apply through Medclerkships they can help to provide the rotations in various geographical locations and can get the rotations in the month you want. Here is the link you can submit the application free https://medclerkships.com/apply/

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome