Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Medical Assistant and hands on Clinical experienc?
  sns201 - 09/18/20 06:36

Does working as MA in the US for 6 months count as Clinical experience? Does it help?  
Report Abuse

* Re:Medical Assistant and hands on Clinical experie
  99faith - 09/18/20 12:57

No.
Go for a MS/Ph.D/Nursing/PA

Report Abuse

sns201 - 09/19/20 16:00

Nursing hurts your resume as a doc, doesn't it?  
Report Abuse

99faith - 09/19/20 21:40

It's your perspective the way you look at it.

I know a few people who were offered residency after they became Nurse Practitioners.
I know so many people being done with MPH still struggling to get into residency. At least, with RN, you have a chance to earn more and go for NP to be able to practice medicine as a licensed practitioner without being offered a residency. NP/PA also have less stress to deal with compared to MDs. There are pros and cons for everything. I was offered a position to do a Ph. D in Neuroscience. I decided to go for Nursing. We have to be practical minded at the end of the day. RN can get jobs very easily with good salary plus 1-2 more yrs of online Ms. studying get them a licensed practitioner. Email me if you need more input about it.
psychresidency123@yahoo.com

The best thing to make your CV look good is to go for a Ph. D. Any Ph. either neuroscience, Public health, biomedical sciences will work and will increase your chances of getting into residency. It needs life long dedication.

Report Abuse

99faith - 09/19/20 22:20

The best thing to make your CV look good is to go for a Ph. D. Any Ph. either neuroscience, Public health, biomedical sciences will work and will increase your chances of getting into residency. However, it needs life long dedication.

Report Abuse

99faith - 09/19/20 22:23

You could also go for DO osteopathic medicine. They certainly get a residency.

https://www.nyit.edu/degrees/osteopathic_medicine_do_emigre

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome