Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need clarification for following uwMCQs - oranges
Please if any one can answer i will apppreciate

In Resp system questions related to office & community clinic
ForRx of Moderate Persistent Asthma uw says to give High dose inhaled corticosteroid

In first aid forstep 3 says
Rx for moderate persistent Asthma give
Low to medium dose inhaled corticosteroid
Which one to follow?

In uw mcqin RESP system
One of the question says to quit smoking atleast 4weeks before surgery
In another question says to quit atleast 8 weeks before surgery
Which is correct?
Thanks
good observation, but i dont have any idea, i hope soemone can answer specially abt dose of inaled steroids

When starting therapy for patients with moderate persistent asthma, either of two approaches (ie, medium-dose inhaled GC or low-dose ICS plus a LABA) is recommended by the NAEPP guidelines,.

The combination of low-dose inhaled GCs plus a LABA is appropriate for previously untreated patients whose symptoms have been stable in the preceding weeks

The duration of abstinence from smoking necessary for a reduction in pulmonary complications is not well-established, although more than eight weeks may be preferable

As there is no evidence of harm related to a short duration of cigarette abstinence, we advise all patients anticipating elective surgery to quit smoking as soon as possible, regardless of the anticipated date of surgery. When time allows, a longer duration (at least eight weeks) of cessation is optimal.

Source: uptodate
Thankyou img87
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »