Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EAD query, plz help - happy_studying
The visa sponsoring institutes did not really care...because they can sponsor a visa and get a candidate who has 240+ scores on everything and a recent YOG. Why on earth would they sponsor a visa for an avg or below avg candidate like me...on the other hand GC or US citizens can usually get in even if their scores are below average...so you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
@cesar

Thanks for sharing your experience

If u read my comments in this thread, I am also on an EAD and it didn't go well for me.

Honestly, u Have much better scores than me, even though my YOG is 2014. But i still didn't get any interviews and I, like u am not applying for 2016 unless I don't get a hold of my immigration sh*t!

So wht r u gonna do...is a GC in works for you? I know u said u don't expect ur immigration stuff to change anytime soon...but when do u expect to get a hold of it?
@cesar...

When u applied to programs...did u tell them u wanted a visa? Did u put "EAD" on your application when u applied?
@kind md! Yes I put EAD on my application and quite clearly stated that I did not require a visa...but still most programs had no clue about EAD...they did not want to risk it..as far as getting the GC is concerned...I understand it may take 2-3 yrs...programs usually require some kind of hard evidence that you have already applied for a GC...like an Pproved GC application. Anyways I'm not going down this road again..hopefully the others who will be taking this path again will have better luck than me.
Honestly I felt 2 of the ivs went really well...but I could see that the PC and the staff were just not liking the Idea of hiring someone on EAD..maybe they old have consideredme if I had better scores, more recent YOG or no cs attempt..then things may have been different.
@cesar

Yeah u r right about the immigration stuff..I can see why programs want some one with hardcore documents cuz they just don't want to risk it..They don't want to put so many resources in you to find out that u will leave in the middle..I emailed a FM program in Illinois before I applied and they expressed the same concern.

Another 2-3 yrs for a GC is really gonna be a deal breaker for you...I am kinda in the similar situation like urs, so i definitely know wht ya going thru. I can only sympathize with you.

Wish you all the best!!
Hi, all h4 eads for 2016 match, lets make a group and discuss about the progress about this issue.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »