Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 IV so far - maddoc
2005 grad
92,97,90 all 1st attempt
3 months observership
full time job at home
Applied to 100 IM programs.

I have 6 Ivs to date..2 of them are from shady programs.. I kind of expect the same in october, to make atleast 12 to be safe for the match.

It wd be helpful if, anyone from the last match could tell me how the IV rate is in October & can we expect any in November?

Shd I apply in more programs or its 2 late now?
Thanx.
Hay , i am 21 female live in india. Any one who read this message must help me.
I Hav a site http://screensaver.sitesled.com but no vistors i like u to see my site and click on one google ads so i earn some money. i am belongs to poor family.. plz help me http://screensaver.sitesled.com
what's your visa status?
hey dr.bee, ""I need a visa""..& hope 2 get an H.( juvenile wish though))..thats why the step3,,you know.

Can you help me with my queries???

Any one else..plz..
I can't say that there is a definite number of IVs to be safe for the match. I think you shouldn't wait for the match if u had any prematch offers. Don't take any risks this year. Your graduation date is borderline, and next year your IV rate will drop significantly.

H1 visa is not a far dream. Many programs have no problems to sponsor it. In fact, an H visa will be the best thing which can happen to you. J1 visa sucks !!

I think it is not too late to apply for more programs. You should do all your best to get matched this year. I really wish you luck !
I think in October you will get approx. 4 IVs and in Nov. 2 TO 3 ivs AND In Dec and Jan another 3 IVs. Due to cancellation of Prematches.
I took prematch last year. I would advice you to take prematch JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR GRADUATION YEAR.
But use your OWN JUDGEMENT.
thanx guys.

1 more qus though... I have met a few residents on J & their opinion of the visa isnt that bad. The only thing is,, you will have to do a waiver job. The jobs are comparable to any job you wd get on H visas, only for the fact that the place where you wd get them wd b a bit underserved or away from the city.
If you are married which I am not, them your spouce can work on the J2 dependent visa which is valid for 10 yrs or so & she is exempted from a waiver....

I wdnt be surprised if i am offered a prematch pretty early on in the season on J1 & the decision wd fall sooner of later..
Any suggestions on that???
any 1 else????????????

any views on J visa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »