Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful tips - ommm
Hi guys, u all have helped me alot during my prep for test. I got my result last week 91/217.
I am very happy with this score.

Let me give u some tips for this test.
This test is not about what is in book, but it is about how u implement in the real situation.All the four answer in the test will be correct in most of the time but u have to chose the best answer accoriding to the situation explained in the clinical scenario. You have to think as a practicing physician but not as a student.
I prep it for almost 2 months
I used CK books, Kaplan and Uw q bank.
I use MTB in the last 15 days. It is very superficial , u need to know the detail of every thing for test but it will guide u what to expect in the test.
I dont believe on the uw test, it is not good as NBME.
I took NBME and got only 410 15 days before the test. I was very worried with my prep but i try to set a date and pushed for it. I was not confidence the day befor the test also but these tests are always like this.
My CcS cases were not as straight forward as people talks about in the forum. For me CCS was tough. I missed a lot of thing. I was very upset after my test. but i got highest in the ccs so i think, if u go with the flow of the clinical scenario , u will be fine
I try to do MKSAP but i think it is waste of time. I recommend not to use that.
If u have access to Up to date , try to see the common cases form it it helped me alot.

I dont know how much it is going to help u guys but if u have questions let me know.

Thankyou every body in this forum.
its really helpful..thanks alot..best luck for match..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »