Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my result, 243/99 - khushi83
congarts ..best of luck in ur next steps
wanna ask u abt ur preparation, i just have 12 weeks to take the exam and i have some topics done twice and others untouched
wt's ur advice ? coz i have limited time to read in
thank u and GL
HI KHUSHI
kindly advise me on this.....i have 25 days left and have only done first aid once... with half of the uworld with it... how should i spend my last 25 days...revise first aid...revise uworld??? revise both?? please help. i'll be grateful
Techno
congratulation, wish you all the best on your next stepsSmile
Congratulations Khushi

I am really encouraged by reading your previous exam experience. Today I am encouraged and motivated again .

sp id dr_mahmood75

Thanks
Mahmood

Congratulations !!!! great score Smile
thats really a great score!! congratulations!

I just read your post exam post, a fella just posted it up. THank youSmile
congrats great score.how many times did u revise kaplan notes . i really find difficult to remember all the stuff in them. when shd q banks be started after one or two readings of kaplan
thanks
congrats and all the best for the future Smile
Hi friends,
Thank you very much for all of yr wishes. Smile .

This is my preparation for step 1.

I started to read for step 1 in 2009 october. My kaplan diagnostic exam score was 37 % or smth at that time, i remember my behavior science score was 0 % , Tongue, and i started to build my knowledge base by kaplan video and lecture notes.
I listened video lecture twice ( cos of language barrier, at that time i m a new comer to usa ) and read kaplan lecture notes once ( chapter by chapter) . It took average 30 to 45 days per subject. ( 4 to 5 hr study time per day, some days i didn;t study at all ). But when i read, i read really carefully and in detail and i tried to understand the concept, no memorization at that time. and i do kaplan PLS at the same time. When i finished one subject, without revision i took kaplan PLS subject end test and took qbook for that subject. This makes me revise what i read whole month. I want to suggest u all that it really helped to revise and absorb the high yield points by doing some quiz at least 3 blocks to revise that subject. i dont; mean that to do kaplan PLS and qbook. i mean whatever question blocks u have u can do it. i never revise the whole book again, i mean chapter by chapter. How i revise is that when i have some confusion in explanation of questions i did, then i refer the kaplan lecture notes for that fact to clear. My kaplan subject end test scores r around 60 to 70 %. At that step, score is not important. When i finished one subject, i didn;t revise that book or subject at all. As i said before, while i m doing questions, or reading another subjects, if i have some confusion, i refered the previous subjects.
Behaviour science is the first subject and pathology is the last one i studied. I didn;t listen the goljan at all for pathology. I did only kaplan lectures and videos for every subjects.
When i finished anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and behaviour science, i took kaplan mid-term ( in june 2009 or smth ). Those questions let me revise those 3 subjects together. Score was around 60 % or smth. When i finished all subjects, i took kaplan final exam. It let me revise all subjects by taking those blocks and reading those explanation again.
By this way, i finished all subjects once in 2011 february. i took some breaks for 3 months in 2010.
After that i started to do kaplan qbank. Diagnostic score is around 56% or smth because first four subjects r blurred in memory cos i didn;t review at all. But don;t worry, when u finished kaplan lecutures note really well at least once, then kaplan qbank and UW is more than enough u to recall memory.
I started to refer FA while i m doing kaplan qbank. i read only the page or paragraph in FA that kaplan qbank refered. I mean in every q from kaplan qbank, they refered FA page, i read only that paragraph and make a mark on that para that i have already read. At that time i was so depressed that cos it took so much time, to make notes in FA and also FA is completely new to me. And every student said FA is most important and when i don;t familiar with FA, it makes me tense tilll exam. My kaplan qbank score start from 55 % to day by day, my average score becomes 68% when i finished 60% of kaplan qbank. My average rate is 30 q per day, and maximum 50q. It makes me tense also. Cos i have to postpone test date month by month. Finally i stopped doing kaplan qbank when i finished 60% of kaplan qbank and i switched to UW.
My UW starting score is just above 60 % and finally i reached around 80%. and average score is 73 %. While i m doing UW, i didn;t read FA. When i finished UW, i took NBME form 12, 5 weeks before exam, my score was 228. I picked the kaplan qbank again ( 40 % of q that i left before ) but cos of insufficient time, i chose very high yield option and just 75 % of kaplan qbank finished till exam. I read referred FA page. But lots of gap in FA that i havn;t read at least once, and exam is just few weeks left and i havn;t finished FA once. In between, i took NBME form 11 ( 3 weeks ago, 238 ), NBME form 7 ( 2 weeks ago, 242 ), NBME form 6 ( 2 weeks ago, a week ago ) . i took all NBME online just to build my confidence.
I stopped doing kaplan qbank when i finished 75 % of it, at that time my kaplan qbank score is around 80% but average score for whole kaplan qbank is 72% .
Then i started to do UW second time ( 2 to 3 weeks before exam ) ( only incorrect q ) , So sad at that time, cos i don;t remember at all, its totally new to me even though it is second time, that s why i took NBME every week to make myself secure. and unfamiliar FA threatened me, ONLY way to build my confidence is NBME scores.
I want to say u all that everyone has his or her own strategy of study. So don;t compare with others. Dont; make yrself stress. Listen first what the others did, and choose the source first what u want to do, then follow that. But assess yrself every time. yr score graph should b higher day by day.
And do as much as questions , it is the only way to memorze high yield facts.
For image, CT and heart scounds, it all r enough with kaplan, Kaplan qbank, UW and FA, ya i got some pic and q that i m not famiiar with, i mean in actual test, but if we know the concepts , then we can guess best possible answers.
I forgot to tell u, whenever i do kaplan qbank and UW, i did timed and mix questions mode.
The evening before test day, i couldn't read at all, like whatever i read, i feel that i dont; understand and forgot, then i stopped studying, i dont; let myself frustrated, talked with some close friends and went out for family dinner and slept, it helped me to calm down.
Ah i went for the practice test session a week before exam, seriously at that day, i thought to postpone my test day while i m in test room for practice test session. My brain is blocked and couldn;t think for anything, They just give the FRED q what we can download freely from usmle.org. Its a lot easier than UW and NBME. But i couldn;t choose any answers with confidence. May b its cos of unfamiliar situation and environment.
So for me, practice test session helped me to reduce anxiety on actual test day.

I think it's enough for @ draz, @ pnh, @ jwalia, @ rockstep99, @ poojalohano, @jan2010

@ ashlin, thanks for the attached linked on behalf of others.

@ technodoctor, i think u should take one NBME form this time, and then see where u r and then let me suggest u.

@md2012la, I think u should take another NBME test in these days, by the way, NBME 370 means how much u got in 3 digit score, pls correlate for me. when u got around same score with another NBME form, if possilbe took NBME 12 online, then it means u r standing really at that point, its not by chance, and let us decide what we should do, i will suggest u as much as i can, pls drop yr email address here.

@ bedides, thank you and Congratulations for you, too. Let us beat step 2 together.

@ success2012, @ dr_mahmood75,@ sarim, @spaceman83, @ busy08, @ dr_raw -------- thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »