Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No interviews yet - praveenraghavendra
hi,
i'm an IMG from India... my scores are Step 1 99/255, step 2 ck 99/254, cs passed on first attempt, ecfmg certified, 2 months usce with private practitioners.

i have applied to 71 programs in internal medicine, and received 1 rejection, no interviews so far.
is this normal?
NO WAY.

Unless, you didnt research your programs well and didnt apply smartly.
sorry to hear that.wots ur year of grad?when did u apply?
only 1 rejection is nice actualy,mayb ur on waitin list of many programs,with those scores u'l definitly get iv's.
hang in der
in my opinion, all people with 95+/95+ fail to match, or even don't get ivs, something fundamently went wrong in themselves. no matter you need visa or not, usce or not, you are toppers and all people value it (scores). Find reason in you, not they! GL.
i used a list of img friendly programs from match a resident...and went through all their requirements before applying...
i graduated this year.. applied to half the programs on sep 1st and the rest between sep 15th and 20th
@ medicalstudent
I agree broadly with your post.

@THE OP,
if you used MAR's service it would have generated a 170+ list. Yet you selectively applied to 70 odd programs. Maybe these programs are upper tier programs. Many of the "better"programs havent even started giving out calls yet.

I/m sure you'll get some shortly. I hope that your appl is fine though (I mean no problems with LORs, PS etc.)
@carpe diem - thank you for your input. i guess i'll just have to wait it out...!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »