Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Tips - medhelp
People decide about you in the first 10 seconds
You have to make a good first impression
Always ask insightful questions
Learn as much as you can about the hospital
They'll probably ask questions designed to trip you up, so have some quick answers at the ready.

Not bad, as far as rules go: some of them make sense. But getting the job you want isn't about following rules.

You see, there's really only one thing that's absolutely certain about interviews: unless they're simply going through the motions because they've already appointed someone, they want it to be you.

They want you to be the ideal person to fill the position; they want to know that their search is over.

Therefore, for the duration of the interview, the job is yours.

And that's where so many people chuck their chances away: they don't take enough care and preparation so that the interview is stimulating, informative and enjoyable for both parties.

Interviewees are usually nervous (though not all) and therefore they become self absorbed and self-conscious, which takes their attention off the job at hand and onto themselves.

It doesn't belong there. It needs to be focused on the interviewer and on the prospective job.

That way you can leave the interview knowing you did as well as you were able to at the time, rather than kicking yourself at what you could or should have done.

Believe it or not, interviews can be fun!

1. Poor personal appearance
2. Lack of interest and enthusiasm; passive and indifferen
3. Criticism of past employer
4. Poor eye contact with interviewer
5. Late to interview
6. Failure to express appreciation for interviewer™s time
7. Asks no questions about the job
8. Indefinite answer to question
9. Overbearing, aggressive, conceited with ˜know-it-all™ complex
10. Inability to express self clearly; poor voice, poor diction, poor grammar
11. Lack of planning for career, no purpose or goals
12. Lack of confidence and poise, nervous, ill at ease
13. Failure to participate in activities
14. Expects too much too soon
15. Makes excuses, evasive, hedges on unfavourable factors on record
16. Lack of tact
17. Lack of courtesy, ill-mannered
18. Lack of vitality
19. Lack of maturity
20. No interest in hospital or specialty
21. Cynical
22. Intolerant, strong prejudices

BW
bump
how can I explain my low scores without sounding like making excuses?
i had 2 babies and no help at all, i studied only from 3-5 am each day before my kids wake up at 6 am and from 9-11pm after they sleep. so i was always tired and stressed out.
how do i say that in a good way?
send us an email at

medhelp@live.com

BW

Medhelp Team
bump
nana this is not an excuse. this sounds stupid...babies sleep all the time and you culd perhaps had studies too much..I am blind of one eye, totally due to retinal detachment and I cant concentrate for more than 30 minutes on books without getting headache. I scored 99/99. get rid of the excuses, no one will appreciate that. It is an excuse and their is no excuse for failures.
Interview Pearl

Bad mouthing a previous supervisor or attending in a residency interview is a huge negative. They may have been the worst attending in the world but expressing that in a residency interview is a huge mistake.

Please avoid that For Interview Coaching
Top Qualities of an ideal applicant

Well Equipped with Medical Knowledge >>>>>>This would be tested during the question Tell me an interesting Case.. Prepare this one really well. Show that You Have excellent grip over History and examination as well as interpretation of relevant investigations. Use all the experience of your observer ships and externships.

Maturity: This would be judged based on Your Responses throughout The interview so give balanced answers.

Enthusiasm: How enthusiastic You are to be at that place and for that specialty. That counts a lot.

Energy Level. Try to show a high Energy level to prove that you can survive the tough days of residency ahead.

Personality. Try to show that You are a person who is easy to get along with and have a lively personality.

Best Wishes,
Please work on this question really well..... Its not an innocent question.... Infact it sets the agenda of your whole interview so please work on it well

Tell me about Yourself ......
Thanx a lot Medhelpteam!
really appreciate ur effort,input and encouragement for all of us applicants!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »