Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme exam - grazie
7) it's not A, I marked that and it was wrong
Probably E) is a better answer, because C > with tenderness? I don't think so. Patient can refer midepigastric pain but tenderness is tenderness to palpation in physical exam right? Oh brother Sad , I need some guidance Sad

8) E (correct answer)
Depends on response to antacids, we will know if our diagnosis was correct.
E was the correct answer in my exam.

Any inputs? Did anybody got this question 7 right?

midepigastric tenderness for pancreatitis

You don't do any tests because there are no alarm findings in this patient ( he is below 55 yrs old, no weight loss, dysphagia, odynophagia, obstructive sx, malignancy) so there's no point in doing them
AA is right with normal findings on physical exam since he only had intermittent dyspepsia for the last 3 months

http://img.ctrlv.in/img/14/08/19/53f2a4b46789a.png
AA?
You mean E E for q7 and q8
oh ya sry EE
9)

A 45-year-old woman comes to the office because of a 3-day history of gradually increasing nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. One week ago, she underwent total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for symptomatic leiomyomata uteri. Today she says, "I ate some potato salad at a neighborhood cookout last night that I think made me sick." She says that several friends who attended the cookout have not had any gastrointestinal symptoms. The patient has a history of hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and degenerative joint disease of her knees. Medications include hydrochlorothiazide, glipizide, and ibuprofen as needed. She has smoked 3/4 pack of cigarettes daily for the past 23 years. She enjoys reading and describes herself as sedentary. She is 162 cm (5 ft 4 in) tall and weighs 130 kg (287 lb); BMI is 49 kg/m2. She is in mild distress. Vital signs are temperature 37.5°C (99.9°F), pulse 100/min, respirations 22/min, and blood pressure 146/78 mm Hg. Abdominal examination discloses mild tenderness to palpation and guarding, and hypoactive bowel sounds. The remainder of the physical examination discloses no abnormalities. Results of laboratory studies are shown:

Serum:
Glucose 284 mg/dL
Blood:
Hemoglobin 12 g/dL
Hemoglobin A1c 9.5%
WBC 13,000/mm3
Neutrophils, segmented 76%
Neutrophils, bands 2%
Basophils 1%
Monocytes 2%
Lymphocytes 2%
Platelet count 300,000/mm3
X-ray of the chest and abdomen is shown. Which of the following is the most likely explanation for this patient's current condition?
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/G...feaf01.png

A) Bowel perforation
B) Gastroenteritis
C) Hyperglycemia
D) Morbid obesity
E) Postoperative complication

EE bowel obstruction (multiple air fluid levels)
Aaa
Answer:

E) Postoperative complication >>> Bpwel Obstruction
This answer was right on my feedback.

Abdominal films demonstrate a stepladder pattern of dilated small-bowel loops, air-fluid levels, and a paucity of gas in the colon.

First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK, Eighth Edition (First Aid USMLE) (Kindle Locations 4055-4056).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »