Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extenship or research? - xavierb
which is better? extenship or research in psychiatry. Which one improves your chances?
Pls, I will appreciate any input.
I swear I was about to ask the same question but for IM. Hope somebody can tell us.
In general, I know having clinical experience is so important. If you are going to do research you should publish, otherwise it won't be a big help.
i say externship, externship first then research. I was given an opportunity to do a research project, the lady psychiatrist used me up, and no matter how many emails i send her, she never responds.
Well, I matched this year. I was involved in research. During my interview, the interviewer had asked me if I had any interaction with patients. Fortunately, my research was clinical and I had patient interaction. So I could proudly say about that.
So, I believe having patient contact is way more useful.
I know this might sound like a dumb question but what psychiatry book will you recommend I read before and during externship? I am trying to impress the supervisors to see If I have a chance for the next match. Any Advice will be highly appreciated,
come on guys, if you did extenship/research and matched, you know what I'm asking for. Please help a colleague out.
sorry Xavierb. I posted on the wrong thread. I didn't apply for psychiatry, but I read blueprint's psychiatry during steps preparation.
Ok, Im going to order me some blueprint psychiatry. Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »