USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Free Clinic Docs. new patient ! - softkittenthuy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really have this pain for a long time i think for months, the pain comes and goes, but especially it exagerates 2 days ago and this morning very painful after i woke up.

I have the pain on my neck, it is diffuse, however, it is more pain on the right neck. i feel it very painful when i turn my head to both side especially to the right.

It is also limited movements and painful to bend my neck forward, backward and to both side, especially to the right.

There is no limitation of movement or pain in both shoulder, arms, hands.

I took muscle relaxant pills and use salonpa with menthol oil stickers a lot and they help relief the pain a little for a days or two and then it comes again.

i think this is muscle strength and not a nerver problem ? i use my computer and labtop everyday and i notice not to compress my wrist and i dont think this is anything relating to carpel tunnel syndrome.

But, it really interfere with my study and everyday activities when i have this pain comes and goes very often for months.

Can you help some ideas ?

Thank all docs !
muscle strain, not muscle strength.
Does anyone help some idea about it ? pls.

i hate this problem with me !

Sad
you know, now i understand why people say, something annoying is like a pain in the neck ! Sad !
This is common with USMLE preparation, it is like like tension headache( T.h. has long been

believed that they are caused by muscle tension around the head and neck. Although muscle

tension may be involved, there are many forms of tension headaches and some scientists

now believe there is not one single cause for this type of headache)

In muscle tension around the head and neck due to long study without break is common.

I am pretty sure you are ok if you don't think about USMLE , I mean if you something else.

My advice is:

Don't use this laptop in ur bed (vicious position)

Take break every half hour and move your head and yourself. Relaxation techniques

Massage ( you really need this one due to ur soft nature)

Heat pillow during the night

It is summer time, swiming is good for you.

Hope that help

I had a chinese friend who were pretty good in massage and relaxation techniques( i wish you were close so i will share what i ve learned from here, but you have many friend so you gonna be ok)

Listen to blues.

""you know, now i understand why people say, something annoying is like a pain in the neck ! Sad ! "" you mean pain related to S1!!!!!)

Hope this help

With best regards, Sao

Hope that help.
Hi Doc Softkittenthuy: I think the pain in the neck is realted to Stress, you muscles of the neck are very susceptible to contract. Every thing that dislike you or if you are worry of something that mental problem goes to your muscles neck. You have to relax, try to do relaxation exercise as : Deep breath. And a technique of Muscle relaxation as: try to tight your muscles beginning for your feet, first tight for a period of time where you can keep, after that loose your muscles and take a deep breath, inhale and exhale for the nose. Repeat the same procedure for your legs, thighs, buttocks, back, neck and head.
Try to do that in the morning before getting up. Go walking every day, and try to do positive visualization: think about the Sea, stars, birds and so on.

I hope this advice can help.
Sorry i try to make you smile bcoz, you like funny stuffs.
Take my advice and let me know wat is the result.

Take care
Oh I forgot something and put in your neck area local hot. and take a warm bath.
I hope that you can feel better. Try to keep in your mind positive thinking.
Good luck!!

I'm saying those things because I have the same problem, but i had relieved a lot with those techniques.
thanks Sao and yelito61 and other docs. Yes, i think i sit at my seat studying for a long time, maybe i am killing myself, hope you guys dont do the same thing like me !

you know, Sao in Vietnamese means "shinning stars" ! is it your name ? or just a nickname ?

thanks. i will take break, maybe i will watch a comedy and laugh.

Wow ! you are Vietnamese as well ? !

Hey, this is my email bearkitten28 email me and we can talk more !

you know, someone told me that most of doctors in this sites are from Parkistan and so i think i am a fogreiner ! Smile !

but we are all friends wherever we are born.