USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: kaplan books step 2 sucks!!!!!! - icu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
kaplan notes drive me crazy it lack a alot of points not like step 1 books were good ... eg. where is the paraneoplastic syndromes in the endo chapter im book ...and where is the bone cancer and pitutary tumors .....God i have to bounce backwards and forwards between step 1 and 2 books .... any 1 like me or i am the only 1 who forgot alot of step 1 already ...
and in kaplan pdf file you can not search

good book is crush step 2
i think the main problem they wrote it as a paragrafs ... if need to find a subjects it's impossible..... and the main thing where is the major points like bone cancer brain cancer paraneoplastic in cushing .. it is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuks big time
Hi icu....i feel exactly the same....infact was gonna post something bout that last night whilst reading Gastro.....man the wordage and prose is more like a novel than a revision book....

I sure miss the easy clear layout of step 1 books....

plus i heard a lecture of c fisher guy on gastro....and that was the strangest lecture i ever heard....he was quoting strange things and repeating himself like he was drunk!!!

what is step 2 all about....gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
adio ??? fisher ??? u must be kidden ... don't wast ur time with this ... u will need a lot of time and effort to add the missing simple and critical files in these trash notes ... good luck ..i will step to uci book store i might find something better than these lecture books oh i mean these story books ( the story books will be ofended sorry by comparing them to kaplan books )
hi guys, medicine is to vast to be covered in one single manual.kap notes are just a preview u definitely need to supplement them in medicine.step2 notes do lack the clarity which the step1 had.good luck
What do you guys think about blueprints? I have a friend that didn't use Kaplan only blueprints and score in the 90.
hi all
you guys made me scared , i am doing kaplan, crush, uw and board and ward,,.are those not enough?i am doing cardio and neuro from blue prints. i think with all this it should be ok, what do you guys think?is there anything else you guys are following for medicine?
I am lost too. Not a big fan of kaplan books. STEP 2 Secrets is much better book and for reasoning and explaination you can't use kaplan books - best is to read the most important topics from the books you used for ur med skool like cecil or davidson. I am stickin' to CMDT esp it comes with free online subscription which is way much easier to browse.

I always felt step 1 is a monster and once i'll get over with it. My life would be peaceful but here the problem with the step 2 is ...... you are right - IM is so vast and best thing is to use your notes or stick to one book and add your point.

I am using
Kaplan books
Blue print
FA
CTB/Secrets
Boards & Wards
and Step Up
REFERENCE: MKSAP & CMDT

just trying to put everything @ one single place. I know it's tedious but it's worth cuz u'll be using the same notes for STEP 3 as well.
To an extent I agree with icu, the kaplan notes are lacking in some areas. I would most definitely not use the kaplan books as the only source of info. Truth is I think all books are lacking in some way.

I recommend

Kaplan notes
Crush step 3
First Aid Step 2 ck
Secrets step 2 right before bedtime
Questions Questions Questions

Good Luck
Klebsiella
Pages: 1 2 3