USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: apply for step1 - nived_in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am an IMG
i want to apply for my step1 as a graduate..
i want to know what r all d documents i need to apply for step1...
n whtz this "numbr of hours" form??numbr of hours in hospital during internship,whtz this document??
help me guys..
guys need ur response...
Hi am so sorry for the late response.I just applied so thought u might want to know...

The only documents you need are..
1)Form 186-which u get access of only after the on-line application and payment and get it notarised by a public notrary (or your college dean).
2)2copies of form 345
3)1 copy of form344
4)2copies of medical diploma
5)2 passport size photos-one with the form 186 & one wit the medical dilpoma
Thats it.Iconfirmed it with an ECFMG representative.
thanx a lot gizelle..
that was v nice of u..
are u an IMG?from which place??
i am from india
n do u know anything abt dat "number of hours" certificate??
do v need a clerkship certificate from d medical school??
hey!once again sorry for the late response.Din log in for few days.Yes,i'm an IMG from india too.you have to get a clerkship certificate from your med college,which should state the records of all hours you spent in the hospital wards under each unit(med,surg,ent.ophthal..etc..)with the specific dates(jus month and year),under each doctors,of each academic year.you have to fill in all of these in the on-line application too.
hey,I am an IMG...never heard of that clerkship certificate...all they mention in the registration form is to fill in that space with the date and the name of the supervising physician...they dont ask for evidence from school??
hey gizelle
thanx again
so v need a clerkship certifict...ok
will d medical schools provide us with d clerkship certificate??
or do v need to get it done outside n then get it authorised from d medical school..??
do u hav d format of dat document..??can u mail me as an attachment??
jst 2 get an idea...if u dont mind..
anywaz,hwz d prep going??
when r u plannin to tak d steps??
hey freud
i came to know of this clerkship certificat recently..
jst get it confirmed from ur medical school..