USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: D....it - 1280
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, i have a friend, he just got his score, 183/74 ! D.....it .....sorry i dont want to use bad word here !

do you think it is better to fail with 183/74 than pass with 185/75 ?

do you think when he studies again and would definitely pass with better score ? does it really a big deal ?

some people say the second time is worse than the first attempt. why so ?

he is depressed and does not want to talk to even me !

i try to cheer him up, i passed mine 4 months ago, but not very high score though, i think it is good for me to pass already !

tell him that he got 99 of the fails !

people, i just joked. but what i think is that to pass this exam is not even easy. You have to do at least 31 correct in each block to get totally 185 for even passing score because only 6 blocks counted in totally 7 blocks.

so even passing score or even 99 of the fails is not easy. people with only passing scores should not feel bad about themselves, but you can feel proud about yourselves.

185 and 222 (which is almost in the 90 ranking) is about 47 questions different and you can think the knowledge of these two groups of people are too much different ?

i dont think it is too much different.

please give your opinions.
Listen , I have a friend who has failed twice and is now studying to take it a third time. Both times before he got in the 70%'s. He was very angry and frustrated with the world. But now he is in a good mental place. He has studied in a different way and his goal is to get in the 90's to somehow redeem his past failures. I think he will do it. I think your friend, with your help can do very well next itme around. He needs to look at his study pattern, what were his weaknesses? You can help him/her with that. Right now he just needs time cause a 74% stings cause its so close.

I wish ur friend GL!