USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Need Help!!!! - drjmch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am really needing some help.....I took Step 1 for the second time and failed again. The first time I just read some FAid and took it to see how I was doing. The second time I just studied UW qbank and thought that was going to be enough. I need help finding the right material to review. I am an IMG and really discouraged now. Can someone tell me if it is enough to study FA cover to cover and qbanks???? or should I get more material???? For how long should I study and how many hours a day?
FA itself is not gonna help at all, kaplan is must, NBME is must and goljan pathology, those are resources to read and then you think about Qbank suck as UW and Kaplan Q bank. FA does cover but still links missing, there is no physio in FA at all, not enough pathology nor anatomy much..for Micro and pharm and some biochem you can use FA but other then that you gotta use kaplan. Do nbmes before exams and see where you stand and if you feel good with score then go for exams..thats my suggestion..there are other good advisor in this forum, wait for their response. but dont give up Smile
Well I guess FA will do only for biochem, genetics, micro and immuno. For all the other subjects, u need kaplan and goljan audios are a boon. It is also advisable to do UW Q bank. Nbme is for self assessment.