USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: slr?? - loola
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone please explain what SLR and Patrick is
STRAIGTH LEG TEST ....
You do this when you have a pt with LOW BACK PAIN , ok..
You tell the patient to lie supine .."Mr/Mrs.Could you lie down for me, ok.thank you...now could you extend yoru leg up as much as you can, let me know if it hurts , ok ""
You do this with the rt and lf leg, so positive SLT is when the pt extend the leg -pain occurs...
Patrick test I am trying to recall and I will be back with you..
I hope that helps..
JovanaT
I bealive that Patrick was some old fashion test regarding the pregnant woman belly by measuring the belly you measure the fundus or whatever , but I remember last year I ask my oby-gyn and he stated that that is 10 or more years back--don't pay attention to PATRIC except for St.Patrick's day ..
Cio
BUT do know how to do SLR..ok
J
thank you thank you thank you
Anytime...
J
jovonat, isn't SLR a test which you do yourself on the patient by flexing the hip keeping the
knee straight, I don't think that you ask the patient to extend the leg!!
Ok cookr, medically expressed you are absolutelly correct, but what i meant is "Mr/Mrs. i am going to raise your leg up, could you keep your knee straigth and let me know if it hurts on the back of your tigh or lower back-Thank you "
Jovanat