USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: i am back.. - 2confused2bdoctor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi everyone, hope evryone is good Smile

Finally i am done with exam..and hope i did ok..
I never let that though into my mind that exam day is special day and get nervous about
i kept thought in my mind its just normal another day when i have to walk in and do 7 blocks
of Qs, thats it. I had lot of Qs on combined and anatomy and Neuro, neuro not disease based but detailed on tracks and lesions, pharhma was loaded but i did very good in it i think except i missed few easy ones..many trciky Qs so you have get to point where you dont make changes in ur answers and be confident about your answer because its their job to make you fall in that trap hole. I probably did for three-four Qs but cant do much, it was so tempting. word od advise stick to "Bascis" ....dont go advance knowing too much pathology and beyong it. I strongly recommend Kaplan Q bank to be done, i have done UW as well but still found some missing clues and keys they ask in exam and i found them on kaplan. I already said earlier dont stress over the new exam pattern please..and i say it again and again. I had 48 Qs and one audio which was not even needed to look because Qs gives away answer. Nothing has changed..no pattern has changed. I had abt 15-10 some Qs which were long with bais thrown in there..thats their job. Look at the end Qs what they want to know and concentrate on that and not on bias..
Recommended books: Kaplan, HY cell and molecular bio, HY neuro, Goljan pathology and Kaplan or UW Q bank (ur preferences)
Night before i didnt get enough sleep..but good enough to be ready, woke up went to center..
first Qs was askined on HIV therapy like i said my exam had many pharma Qs, micro was tolerable some couldnt figure out ..seen those pictures somewhere, but couldnt recall..know your physio really good..they love graphs and play around with and they are doable. Its good to have 48 Qs because give you more time to recoginze what they want and come up with best answers. Physio, know ECF, ICF and systems. Look at the graphs in kaplan book, intertprete them and try to have idea so you get used to it. Immuno was little rough since i did not have single Qs on disease rather they had details on basic immuno, was it ok? dont know..it was tolerable. Patho..easy and hard ones, mane trap halls and tricky ones. I will pray i picked the good one. Hard part was Anatomy..boy in and out and neuro pheeww. I really pray to save me on that part. Other then that it was tolerable. I have mix feelings and lets see how it goes. Everyone be confident in yourself. Know the answer and dont overthing, the moment you overthing, chances are you will pick the wrong one. one more time stick to "Basics". I did nbme 1-5..i did nbme 5 week, its good predictor but good learning tool, Take a look at those Qs and how they twist the Qs from word to word. You will some stright farwad Qs where you dont have to think and you know the answer and you will have some tough block but get over them and move on, thats the key. Any more Qs are welcome as i am back and may b i can help more..good luck everyone and please pray i make it..thnx a ton to everyone for being there and help.
2C2BD
wish u a 99!
Relax and good luck. I will come back to the forum after work.
Best of luck 2c2bd I know you will get 99 and I totally agree on the basics part 200 percent
best luck for the score!!!!
wow i really hope u score 99.. thank u for the description.. seems u got a little of everything. my test is in about 3 weeks and i'm a bit confused as to how to bring it all together.. plus i'm paranoid! any advice as how to split the last couple of weeks in revision? more questions? more contents?
by the way.. the anatomy.. were the MRIs and pic similar to kaplan? r u a kaplan student or did u study elsewhere?
good luck for july 16th....wish a really good score
wish u a great score.
hey, 3 weeks..you are just in time..revise FA, FA and FA..read over molecular bio, had good amout of question but that HY helped me lot..was relief and yes everything was in exam, they dont let you go away with anything..haha..learn concepts..exam as i remember they gave pt. with RHF, how they make it rough...what happens CO, EF, HR, SV in arrows ups and down and one factor is little tough they bring on so things like that..if you know the concept..you will be fine. CVS, END is all concepts so is renal for physio..renal patho is dobale. Everything is concept based..FA is good..rest look over High Yeild, dont spend too much time on doing Qs this time, Read a lot, it will help..hope this helps.
thank u.. i agree. i should read more..revise it well.. hopefully it sticks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9