USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: to all pinoy imgs taking cs. need help. - svmd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi! feu grad 2003 me presently in china and will apply for CS exam and do not have US visa. How hard it is to get a visa once you have the sponsor, CS permit and documents from ecfmg? What else besides that is needed? Probability of getting a visa? Sabi nila once you have the CS permit, d daw mahirap. How true is this? Usually how long is the visa given for CS? Need advise asap. M lost. Thanks.
you have your CS permit so they should give you one. How long? that one Im not really sure.
My cousin took her CS back in 2000 even before they included the letter from ECFMG stating that youre just here for the test....the embassy gave her 2 weeks. again, wala pa atang ganun letter that time. I applied for Step 1 before and that letter came with other information from ECFMG considering Im an immigrant here already. Good luck!
i just showed my letter for CS to the embassy and immediately was given a visa for ten years! i think ang waiting period lang ay ang interview sked sa embassy.
hello chris,what is the best time to sched for an interview?what about the fee?there is a processing fee right?can you give us the details please..there is a form on line that need to be accomplished,what is that called?
thank you man Smile
svmd you shouldn't have a problem with attaining a visa once you have your permit for cs. when you apply for the cs on the ecfmg website, you'll be able to print out your permit. btw if you need some notes or tips for the cs let me know Smile good luck...
schenki:
The embassy says that you should schedule an interview about 3 months before your plan to go to US. Nag sched ako dati nag end ng June at ang available nila was August na. The processing fee now is $131 and you can get the DS 157 (if i'm not mistaken) from BPI branches. That's where you pay the $131, actually. The form online is the DS 156. And you have to print that using a laser printer coz if you don't use a laser printer the barcode doesn't come out clear...
svmd:
madali lang makakuha ng visa as long as you have that permit and the letter from ECFMG. Gaano katagal na visa? Depende pa rin sa consul mo. But I know a lot of people given 10 years multiple entry.... Pero di pa assurance ang Visa mo na magkakapagstay ka ng matagal sa US. Kasi, once you arrive in US, depende naman sa immigration officer kung gaano katagal ka nila i-allow mag stay dun...
bezeemd Smile
thank you so much buddy for answering my inquiries
my last question is how can i sched for an interview?can you give me the specific site please.
oh, i don't really know the specific site.. i just google US Embassy Manila, each time... hehe They have a link for non immigrant visa, how to apply.. they have the steps there... even the scheduling of the interview.. I did the phone scheduling though coz I think their calendars are more updated..
hi! thank u chris120678,doc_tx, catmd07 and beezeemd sa advice Smile have u guys i heard of some people being rejected inspite of having a cs permit? schenki, have u applied for interview? shen is your interview? pasensya ngayon lang ako nakapagrespond. anyways, thanks a lot to all of you Smile