USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: QQ--renal - youmust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys--does anybody know the r/ship b/n GFR and creatinine when using ACE inhibtors
also why is ethacrynic acid not used for acute gout if it is used to rx hyperuriemia?
thankyou
ACE inhibitors cause the efferent arterioles to relax as they inhinbit AII , so GFR decreases , creatinine clearance decreases , o serum creatinine increases
And for acout gout we need antiinflammatory not ethacrynic acid.
correct me if im wrong
thankyou for the 1 st response--as to ethacrynic acid --yes we need antiinflamm. but we can use this drug for hyperurecimia according to FA and my Ques.is why not in gout-( since gout is hyperurecemic state)--I don't know
Just check your sources again to be sure, i am looking at a couple of pharm books and they say that an adverse effect of ethacrynic acid is HYPERuricemia. Please respond if i am wrong, but this is what I found
EYHACRYNIC ACID cause hyperurecemia..its side eff..so how can u use to rx hyperurecemia??
may be it is an error on FA--it is mentioned under side effect but it states that it can be used for hyperurecimia ---look page 435 o FA