USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: where to stay in chicago - kevin2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any1 plz guide.shud b a place near the test center.how much does it cost etc? plz some 1 advise
NO 1 WILLING TO HELP.STRANGE?????????
hotwire.com
chicago is very expensive in terms of hotels, the exam center is in a noncity type area, you need to book early, travelocity, hotwire, expedia ect... if you are booking hotel and car or hotel and airfare it may be cheaper... i think from my experience there are hotels right next to the center, there is a train station less than one block away.

the test center is a big building off in the corner, in the basement/first floor there are refreshments and restrooms, Im sure you will figure it all out, its not complicated, the test center staff are very nice.

book early!
aswrwb, kevin2009..

the usmle website has all the stuff to help out the fmgs.. from places to stay to what to take to exam room.. trains hospitals eataries near the centre .. etc etc etc

click on the city of ur centre..

http://www.usmle.org/Examinations/step2/cs/houston.html

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=348196
well all tat u need to do is get to downtown chicago from where u shud take a blueline train which will drop u at the cumberland station....ui kan actually see the center from there....or else u need not to go to downtown..vat u shud do is from the airport is o haire chicago take a blue line and get down at cumberland station....and there r around two hotels there around 100$ ..the other one is 3 min walk and less than 100$....its not all tat hard..but vat u shud do is reach there early so tat u kud figure things oout early...
i do not recommend youtaking a train in chicago before any exam... i took the train and sat in a big pile of pink bubble gum... when i got to the exam i went to extract th gum from behind me and tore my silk slacks, i had to wear a generic long lab coat to cover the damage, the music and and the people on the train will destroy your concentration.... take a cab or a train home but not to the exam..... based on real life expereince, find a hotel in the local area of the exam building will be cheaper than downtown chicago...
gl
well gr8 responses from every body. thank you frends...