USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: my journey through step1 - lavender5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone, i ve been on this forum for a while reading through lots of experiences in the forum. i hope this post helps someone as i ve been helped by innumerable experiences from the forum. so here it goes...
Attempt-1
Exam Date-14.Nov.08
Result Date-10.Dec.08
Score-231/96

Total Prep Time:8 months
Study Material:
Books: Anatomy-kaplan+High yield(embryology)
Physiology-kaplan
Biochem-kaplan
behavioral-barbara fadem(brs)
Pathology-Golgan
Microbiology-kaplan
Pharmacology-kaplan
plus kaplan Qbook amd Netter s atlas
Other Materials:Video Lectures (listened once) i esp. liked golgan audio and steven daugherty's behavioral lectures found them useful
USMLE WORLDq bank(online)
NBME 1 to 6(offline)
UW Simulated 1 and 2
First aid 2008
How i went about it: i did the books twice, then did q book, then uw q bank(completed 100%) then did UWSA 1 and 2, then did 3rd revision of books alongside offline NBME 1 to 6. last 10 days i went through first aid and my UW notes(which i found v useful)

Exam Experience: i reached center at 8am. i was nervous as hell ready to throw up but the staff and exam takers with me were v nice. exam started dot at 9am. i took careful and measured brakes during which i had lots of coffee, chocolate, glucose biscuits etc. once exam started it was smooth.. as far as material that came atleast 60% came from neuro and micro. lots of ct s mri s xrays. i felt level of difficulty same as USMLE WORLD...even pattern was same...i got some direct questions from NBME with same pictures.

MY SUGGESTIONS(things that really helped me):
1.Golgan is the best notes and audios
2.Stick to 1 book for a subject,i tried 2 for behaviour got completely messed up
3.USMLE WORLD boosted my confidence...exam time i felt as though i was just giving another
UW exam..pattarn was same..that helped..
4.NBME i did all offline i wished i d atleast 1 or 2 online..i did UWSA 1(230) and UWSA 2(238) so
my result was in between..
5.First Aid and UW notes that u take helped too

well good luck everyone and if u have any query...i ll be glad if i could help...TC

do you still have a subscription for uw

email please scttmenard.

congratulations!!!

can i know abt nbme? how do i get access to it?

im using kaplan notes for pathology? is that not enough...i dont have golgan notes or audio?

wht 2 do?
well done
congrats.................

how many hours did you dedicate for studies daily ?

good luck for your future exam